About the DesignerLou Henry
Lou is the creative force behind A2, Inc., a product design and development firm based in New York City. Along with A2's founding partner, Bruce Ancona, Lou has been designing products to meet the demands of everyday living for much of the last 20 years. Together they've won numerous design awards and recognitions, including IDEA Gold awards, Good Design awards, a Top Ten IF award in Germany, and Time Magazine's Top Ten Designs of 2000. Their work can be seen in the permanent collections of a number of museums such as The Chicago Athenaeum and MOMA in New York. A2 holds over 200 utility and design patents. Having earned a degree in industrial design from Carnegie Mellon University, Lou has since been busy putting his personal touch on hundreds of products. His work is characterized by unique solutions and attention to detail and form. Lou draws inspiration from his wife Emily and daughter Anna. A2's philosophy is: "As product designers, we feel that our responsibility and greatest challenge is to design for tomorrow - by recognizing new technologies and behavioral patterns rather than follow current product trends and design for today."
Twist coaster set suggests spirited style and dapper elegance. With richly grained acacia wood squares set on gleaming Nambé Alloy bases, the coasters follow flowing lines that rotate subtly at the corners. When the pieces are stacked together, the rotation builds so that the whole column appears to twist upward. A strong design with appealing energy, the set makes a sophisticated addition to the living room, home bar, or study. Self-storing, the coasters number six in all and make an excellent gift celebrating an achievement or anniversary.
Lou Henry, 2008
Alloy Care and Use:
- Twist collection
- Fashioned from acacia wood and Nambé alloy
- Self-stacking coasters
- Dimensions: 3.5" H x 4.25" W x 4.25" D
Wood Care and Use:
- Light coating of vegetable oil applied to preheated or chilled Nambé Alloy for each use will provide a protective barrier for highly acidic foods and help protect the finish
- Use wooden or soft rubber utensils to avoid scratches
- Remove dust and fingerprints with a soft, damp cloth
- Use care when placing heavier Nambé pieces on glass surfaces
- Never put Nambé Alloy pieces in the microwave
- Do not put Nambé Alloy in the dishwasher or leave in standing water for long periods of time
- Do not leave food in your Nambé Alloy for longer than three hours; food left for long periods will result in discoloration
- Citrus fruits, peeled or unpeeled, can cause discoloration; highly acidic or salty foods, such as dairy, mayonnaise, tomatoes, other fruits, and vinegars, can cause discoloration and/or pitting
- For Candleholders: To remove wax from candleholders, place them in the freezer until chilled and remove wax; wash with a soft cloth in hot soap and water to remove any wax that remains and dry with a soft cloth
- For Peppermills: To clean your mill, wipe its body with a soft, damp cloth; do not immerse it in water; and always allow your mill to dry completely after cleaning and before filling
- Do not place items made with wood in the dishwasher
- Do not leave wood in standing water for extended periods of time
- Nourish wood surfaces with mineral oil applied with a #0000 grade super fine steel wool or a soft cloth; let stand for one hour, wash away excess with a mild detergent and soft cloth, then dry immediately with a soft cloth
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.