The Ulmer Hocker furniture unit was designed in 1954 by Max Bill, the first Vice-Chancellor of the Ulm School of Design, together with Hans Gugelot for the students of the college. It was produced in Bill s own carpentry workshop with wood that had been donated. Light and robust, the piece of furniture can be used as a stool, end table or shelf unit, but also as a box for transportation, a serving tray or a table-top unit.
- Seat and side material: Natural spruce wood
- Rung and ledge material: Beech wood
- Multi-functional stool
See something odd?
Report it here.