About the DesignerTom Dixon
Tunisia (1959 - )
Obsessed with honest materials, and a commitment to innovative design and manufacture, Tom Dixon is on a self-propelled mission to rethink and revive the British Furniture industry.
Established in 2002, the Tom Dixon brand is inspired by the nation's unique heritage. In 2004 Proventus, the Swedish-based private investment company, teamed up with Tom Dixon to establish Design Research, a design and product development holding company. Tom Dixon launches new collections annually at the Milan international furniture fair and product is sold across 61 countries.
In September 2012 Tom Dixon’s sister-brand, Eclectic by Tom Dixon, was established, launching accessories collections annually at Maison et Object in Paris.
Launched in 2007, Design Research Studio is the interior design arm of the Design Research Group. High profile projects include Restaurant at The Royal Academy in London, Tazmania Ballroom, a pool bar in the Central district of Hong Kong, Jamie Oliver’s new London restaurant, Barbecoa as well as Shoreditch House, Paramount private members’ clubs and Joseph’s flagship store on Old Bond Street, London. Most recently Design Research Studio won their first ever hotel project, redesigning the iconic Thames-side Sea Containers House in collaboration with US hotel giant Morgan’s Hotel Group due for completion late 2013.
Tunisian born, Tom rose to prominence in the mid 1980s as 'the talented untrained designer with a line in welded salvage furniture'. Having worked for Italian manufacturer Cappellini where he designed the iconic S chair. Tom then went on to create his own company, 'Eurolounge', under which he made and sold the much celebrated Jack light. Tom was appointed head of design by Habitat in 1998 and later became Creative Director until his departure in January 2008. He was awarded the Order of the British Empire in 2001.
A series of lights that reference the Olympic medals. These mysterious lighting objects are hand polished to create a mirrored surface which is then lacquered to maintain a high gloss finish.
- Made from pure metal spinning and hand forming with a 5 part tool
- Parts are pressed, spun and braised to form a complex double wall shade
- Hand polished to create a mirror surface
- Lacquer is applied so the surface maintains its high gloss finish
- Do not use polishing agents, water or abrasive materials when cleaning
- Clean with a soft dry cloth only
- Always switch off the electricity supply before cleaning
- Accommodates 25W G9 Frosted Halogen (bulb included)
- Black fabric cable: 98"
- Black metal ceiling rose diameter: 4.9"
- Dimensions: 6.1" - 104.1" H x 11.8" Dia