About the DesignerMaarten Baas
Netherlands (1978 - )
Dutch designer Maarten Baas (19/02/1978) was born in Arnsberg, Germany but moved to The Netherlands in 1979 where he grew up. Upon graduating from high school in 1996 he began his studies at the prestigious Design Academy Eindhoven. Baas designed the candleholder Knuckle, which was taken into production, while he was still studying. In 2000 he studied for several months at the Politecnico of Milan.
Three of Baas's Smoke works have been reproduced by Marcel Wanders's international design company MOOOI. It is thanks to the international exposure of successful exhibitions in Milan, London, and Paris that the Smoke series is considered by museums, critics, collectors and the design-informed public an iconic collection of contemporary design. Smoke pieces have been acquired by important designers and collectors such as Lidewij Edelkoort and Phillipe Starck
Furniture finished with fire. The beauty and character of burned wood is now captured in a long lasting material, creating the strange sensation of sitting on burnt furniture.
- Smoke collection
- Material: Burnt wood finished, epoxy resin finish
- Black color
- Each piece differs due to the process used for production
- The enchanting texture of burnt wood
- Each item from the Smoke series share the unfamiliar and untamed finish that is categorized by fire
- Each chair is different
- The Smoke dining has a secret repair kit underneath the seat in case of emergencies
- Seating height: 17.72"
- Dimensions: 41.73" H x 18.9" W x 22.44" D
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.