About the DesignerAlberto Meda
Italy (1945 - )
Alberto Meda received his master in mechanical engineering at Politecnico of Milan in 1969.
He has worked as a product engineering designer and consultant for: Alfa Romeo Auto, Ansaldo Sistemi Industriali, Alias, Cinelli, Colombo Design, Gaggio, Italtel Telematica, Kartell, Luceplan, Legrand, Mandarina Duck, Omron Japan, Philips, TCI, and Vitra.
Meda was awarded with the "Compasso d'oro" for the Lola Lamp and Metropoli Lamp by Luceplan. In 2005, he was the Hon Royal Designer for Industry RSA London.
Since 1994 MoMA NY includes in its permanent collection: "Light light" chair, "soft light" chair, "Longframe" by Alias and "On-Off" lamp by Luceplan.
Meda works and lives in Milan.
Orchestra is a complex ensemble of tools useful to architects in interpreting new lighting ideas. Modular flush-mounted elements are available, also with variations of light, geometry and colors, as an organic and harmonious series tuned to meet the needs of the architectural composition. It can be used both in hollow walls and in solid ones. The simplicity of assembly and maintenance, the safety of the product and precision solutions to each detail, both technical and formal, make Orchestra a program of thoroughly reliable built-in lights of high formal quality. Features:
- Wall lamp
- Orchestra collection
- Designed by Alberto Meda and Paolo Rizzatto
- Available in aluminum coated metal
- UL listed
- Requires with D27/22 opaline screen (not included)
- Requires with D27/30or.1 reflector/frame (not included)
- Requires with D27/12 protection glass (not included)
- Uses 1 x 18W G24d-2 compact flourescent bulb (not included)
- Replacement bulb available - please call to order