About the DesignerDon Chadwick
United States (1936 - )
In the last few decades, Don Chadwick has pioneered the use of modern materials, moulding processes and mechanisms leading to cutting-edge products that have raised the standard for their market. A native of Southern California, Don Chadwick received his principal training in design at the University of California, Los Angeles. He then worked for architect Victor Gruen before establishing his own practice in 1964. In 1974, Chadwick designed Chadwick Modular Seating. In collaboration with William Stumpf he designed the Equa 1 flexing-plastic chair (1984). Then in 1994, the landmark Aeron chair catapulted Chadwick to national attention, the Industrial Designers Society of America and Business Week Magazine awarded Design of the Decade to the Aeron chair in 1999. Chadwick has received numerous awards over the past three and a half decades. Chadwick's relationship with Knoll marks a milestone in the career of an inventive designer. "I am gratified to be part of the Knoll legacy, I consider Knoll to be at the highest level of contemporary design, and our collaboration is a notable one for me." with the Chadwick chair, he has proven himself as effective at bringing a product to market as he has been at creating the market itself.
Energize your home or office with the Spark Lounge Chair. Don Chadwick, designer of the acclaimed Aeron Chair, brings over 30 years of experience and a mastery of materials to Knoll. The Spark Lounge Chair is perfect indoor or outdoor use being lightweight, stackable and easy to clean. Features:
Care & Maintenance:
- Manufactured out of integrally colored, textured, glass reinforced polypropylene
- Seat pad: molded polyurethane foam with a textile cover and steel fasteners
- Fit for indoor and outdoor use
- Seat pad for indoor use only
- Legs have rubber glides to protect floors
- Recycled black contains 40% post-industrial recycled content
- Seat pad fabric is 37% recycled content
- With sled base
- GREENGAURD and LEED certified environmentally friendly
- Clean using a soft rag, either dry or wet. When needed, use mild pH-balanced soap diluted in water.
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
This product does meet Cal 133 specifications. NOTE: This is a special-order item. As such, orders for this item cannot be cancelled once placed. To ensure your satisfaction, please call us with any questions you have prior to ordering.
Shipping Charges Priced in Cart
Ships via UPS/FedEx
back to top
|Spark Lounge Chair
||30.5" H x 25.5" W x 25.5" D
|Dining Type:||Casual / Kitchen|
|Product Category:||Stacking Chairs|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top