About the DesignerLella & Massimo Vignelli
Designers Lella and Massimo needed casual furniture for their home near Sorrento. To satisfy this need, they designed a multi-purpose indoor-outdoor grouping ideal for home, hospitality and office environments. With your choice of three different colors, this sleek cube made of rotation molded polymer will make for a chic accent piece for your home or office. This cube definitely conveys your affinity for modern style.
Lella and Massimo Vignelli are among the world's most influential designers. They have brought clarity and coherence to countless projects. Their work is in the permanent collections of museums worldwide, including MoMA, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Cooper-Hewitt Museum. Throughout the years they have help shape corporate identity and provided assistance with publications and product design for Knoll, Cinxsno, Xerox, Perugina, Heller, RAI television and IBM. In 2003 they received the National Design Lifetime Achievement award.
With a nimble sled base providing contrast to an ample, gently rolling seat and back, the Handkerchief Chair is a stylish addition to the dining room or office. Ergonomically sculpted and fluid in form, the Handkerchief chair comes with a number of options to customize it to your space. Choose from five shell colors, three bases finishes, and a wide array of upholstery options to create the look you want. In addition, Handkerchief Chairs are available both as armchairs and side chairs, and can remain unupholstered or come with an upholstered seat. *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1985
- Base 7/16" steel wire finished in smooth powder-coat or polished chrome
- Compression molded shell made of durable fiberglass reinforced polyester with urethane paint finish
- High resilience polyurethane cushion bonded to a semi-rigid thermoformed support
- Stacking chairs have black urethane stacking pad secured between base and shell
- Stacking chairs stack 15-20 high
- Black flexible urethane stacking pad secured between base and shell
- Wide variety of seat upholstery options in Knoll fabrics
- Optional nylon glides available
- IBD Product Design Award, USA, 1986
- Interior Design, Designers' Choice Award, 1986
Order with Confidence:
- Overall Dimensions: 29" H x 26" W x 22.5" D
- Seat Height: 18"
- Arm Height: 26"
NOTE: This is a special-order item. As such, orders for this item cannot be cancelled once placed. To ensure your satisfaction, please call us with any questions you have prior to ordering.
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council
- The Handkerchief Chair is Greenguard certified
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Handkerchief Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity