About the DesignerVico Magistretti
Italy (1920 - )
Vico Magistretti was born in 1920 and is still working as an architect and furniture designer in Milan (where he was born). He began designing at the end of the 40s, but spent most of the 50s involved in architecture. He then returned to design (by far the majority being furniture) at the end of the 50s and has continued since then. He was educated in a time of architectural rationalism and so was taught to think logically, a lot of importance being placed on using architecture to solve social problems. In particular; the use of pre-fabrication was advocated.
He was always more involved in industrial design for mass production than in one off pieces, but unlike some similar products, he designed his furniture to last. This all leads to his designs tending to be simple but effective solutions to a problem. However, he keeps them quite informal by adding a bit of fun; perhaps this was a natural reaction against the austerity of wartime conditions. Although this is all true, he still manages to make his designs innovative and stylish with elegant lines and quality finishes. Magistretti remains consistent in his approach to his work, but he continues to react to current trends and issues and is always willing to test new materials and come up with new solutions. His designs have contributed significantly to the success of Italian design.
Echoing the distinctive aesthetic of the Maui Chair, the curved lines and refined hues of the Maui Loveseat add instant elegance to any surroundings. The gently flared polypropylene seat is attached to tubular chrome-plated steel legs, creating a light, flexible appearance. In addition to its sleek look, this loveseat is also light enough to move around easily while able to seat two people, thus serving as a creative seating solution. This Maui loveseat functions equally well in waiting areas or in the home. Designed by:
Vico Magistretti, 1996 Features at a Glance:
Maui Loveseat Features: Order with Confidence:
- Shell made of smooth batched-dyed polypropylene
- Frame made of tubular chrome-plated steel
- Seats two people
- Gas lift pump allows height adjustment
- Suitable for residential or commercial use
- Made in Italy
- 30.38" H x 52" W x 20.5" D
- Seat Height: 14.75"
- In 2005, Kartell received accreditation for its Quality Management Systems according to the ISO 9001: 2000 standard. The attainment and preservation of this certification testifies to Kartell's commitment to high quality and continued research into higher levels of quality in company management systems.
Helping the Environment:
- Kartell products use a wide variety of plastic materials, thereby reducing the use of living organisms, such as trees, which are difficult and time-consuming to replace.
- Most Kartell products are easily recycled and product components can be separated to elements made of a single material to simplify the recycling process. Plastic components also carry clear identification marks to aid correct separation of different plastic types for effective recycling.
Care and Maintenance:
- Kartell products are easy to clean and require only simple care to remain in excellent condition. Please see here for specific information on the proper cleaning and use of Kartell materials.
- Authentic Kartell products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months under normal use and under conditions for which the items were designated.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Maui Loveseat that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
Shipping Charges Priced in Cart
Ships via Truck Freight Delivery
back to top
|Maui Maui Love Seat
||30.38" H x 52" W x 20.5" D
|Style:||Modern / Contemporary|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top