About the Designer
France (1949 - )
He remembers having spent his childhood under his father's drawing tables, passing hours stitching, cutting, gluing and grinding, disassembling bicycles, motorbikes and other objects. Endless hours, an entire life spent dismantling and reassembling anything that fell into his hands, reconstructing his surrounding world. He continues to shake the traditions and culture of the world's major cities, with the interior design of the restaurant at Hong Kong's Peninsula Hotel (1994), the Teatron in Mexico (1995), the Delano Hotel a Miami (1995), the Modrian in Los Angeles (1996), the Asia de Cuba restaurant in New York (1997), as well as an entire series of ongoing projects in London and elsewhere. His skill lies in being able to transform instantly the object of the commission into a place filled with charm, pleasure and encounters. He tirelessly modifies everyday life, exalting the deepest roots of existence in his changes. His increasing fascination with life has now led him to create clothes, underwear, footwear, glasses, food, and always with the conviction that his design respects nature and the future of humankind. In the exhibits of museums all around the world, in Paris, New York, Munich, London, Chicago, Kyoto and Barcelona, his work is considered to be that of a master. He has received numerous prizes and awards: designer of the year, the Oscar de luminaire (1980), the title of Officier des Artes et des Lettres (1985), Compasso d'Oro ADI (2001), Show Boats in Munich (2003), and many others.
The vivid and versatile Hi Cut Chair provides a solid, comfortable seat while reflecting the perfect combination of colors for its environment. The appeal of the design is based on its contrast of colors as well as contrasting curves and angles: the front legs and front of the seat are angular while the rear legs and back are rounded to create an organic, comfortable seat. Hi Cut is available with a transparent crystal, opaque white or opaque black frame and to top it off, your choice of six transparent accent colors in both bold and muted tones. The versatility of the colors make the chair appropriate for the most austere or vivacious surroundings. Features at a Glance:
Hi Cut Chair Features: Order with Confidence:
- Made of transparent or colored polycarbonate
- Highly customizable with 18 possible combinations of chair and accent colors
- Stackable up to four chairs high
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Made in Italy
- 33.9" H x 18.9" W x 18.9" D
- Seat Height: 19.3"
- In 2005, Kartell received accreditation for its Quality Management Systems according to the ISO 9001: 2000 standard. The attainment and preservation of this certification testifies to Kartell's commitment to high quality and continued research into higher levels of quality in company management systems
Helping the Environment:
- Kartell products use a wide variety of plastic materials, thereby reducing the use of living organisms, such as trees, which are difficult and time-consuming to replace
- Most Kartell products are easily recycled and product components can be separated to elements made of a single material to simplify the recycling process. Plastic components also carry clear identification marks to aid correct separation of different plastic types for effective recycling
Care and Maintenance:
- Kartell products are easy to clean and require only simple care to remain in excellent condition.
- Authentic Kartell products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months under normal use and under conditions for which the items were designated
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Hi Cut Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.