About the DesignerGeorge Nelson
United States (1908 - 1986)
George Nelson began his design for what became the Swag Leg Group with the simple desire to create furniture with a sculptured leg. Beyond beauty, he sought practicality, insisting that the legs be made of metal, machine formed and pre-finished. The Nelson Swag Leg Group is a revival of an historic collection by George Nelson. Introduced in 1958, the group's evocative pieces have a look, scale, and function that are simply right for today. These classic, sculpted designs can be used individually or together in the home or office, from meeting spaces to offices and dining areas.
Designed by George Nelson Originally introduced by Herman Miller in 1955, the Nelson coconut chair is a 20th century furniture icon. It has a simple, striking shape, and It's also a very comfortable place to unwind at home or in the private office or lounge. With its shallow sides and inviting curves, the chair is designed to let you sit in any position and move with ease. A chair made to look like a section of coconut shell wasn’t a stretch for someone who said, “Total design is nothing more or less than a process of relating everything to everything.” The Coconut chair offers shapely comfort anyone can relate to.
Features at a Glance:
- The contours of George Nelson’s Coconut chair invite you to surround yourself in comfort. In his 1956 design statement for the Coconut chair, Nelson said it “was developed to give lounge seating comfort together with great freedom of movement.”
- The coconut chair is completely true to George Nelson's original design, materials, and detailing. With the unique shell design, he accomplished his goal of providing comfortable and attractive lounge seating that gives freedom of movement so that people can sit in just about any position they choose
- Settle Right In
- Designed to allow freedom of movement
- Iconic design resembles a coconut shell
- One-piece foam rubber cushion
- Upholstered in soft black leather
- Smart Design
- Comfort and classic good looks
- Durable molded plastic shell in white
- Three-leg chromed steel base
- Includes glides
Why Buy From Us?
- Height: 33"
- Width: 40"
- Depth: 34"
- Wayfair also backs a 1-Year Herman Miller Manufacturer Warranty. Should you experience any problems with your Nelson Coconut Chair, Herman Miller will cover the cost of fixing it for you within this time period
- Also, should you discover shortly after receiving your Nelson Coconut Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
Free In-Home Delivery
Ships via Inside Delivery & Packaging Disposal
back to top
|Nelson ™ Coconut Chair
||33" H x 40" W x 34" D
|Product Category:||Living Room Chairs|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top