About the DesignerCharles & Ray Eames
Charles Ormond Eames, Jr (1907–1978) and Bernice Alexandra "Ray" (née Kaiser) Eames (1912–1988) were American designers, who worked in and made major contributions to modern architecture and furniture. They also worked in the fields of industrial and graphic design, fine art and film.
Quickship Option ShFabric: All Grain Leather
Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2006, the Eames Ottoman (along with its matching Lounge Chair) are considered among the most significant and collectible furniture designs of the 20th century. The rich veneer and supple leather suggest old-fashioned luxury translated into modern forms, setting an enduring standard for comfort and elegance. As popular as it's become, the ottoman remains grounded in the details that continue to distinguish it. The Design:
- The Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman is the culmination of Charles and Ray Eames' efforts to create comfortable and handsome lounge seating by using production techniques that combine technology and handcraftsmanship. Its heritage goes back to the molded plywood chairs pioneered by the Eameses in the 1940s, and It's part of the permanent collection of New York's Museum of Modern Art.
- Charles Eames said his goal for the chair was the ''warm, receptive look of a well-used first baseman's mitt.'' Every one is a special refuge from the strains of modern living.
- The first lounge chair and ottoman, produced in 1956, made its public debut on Arlene Francis' Home show, which later became the Today show.
- The Eames Ottoman is offered as a Specialty Order Item in order to accommodate complete customization.
- Wayfair stand behind our on all Herman Miller products.
- Wayfair also back a 12-Year. Should you experience any problems with your Eames Ottoman, Herman Miller will cover the cost of fixing it for you.
- Also, should you discover shortly after receiving your Eames Ottoman that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. and Utah
- Classic aesthetic
- Environmentally sound, the wood is harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests
- A matching Lounge is also available
- Order the Lounge and Ottoman together to ensure that the wood shells match
- Luxurious feel
- 6-inch-thick urethane foam cushions
- Rich leather
- All pieces are hand assembled
- Cushions are individually upholstered and replaceable
- Base is die-cast aluminum, painted with bright polished aluminum trim
- Adjustable stainless steel glides
- Collection: Eames® Lounge
- Distressed: No
NOTE: This is a special-order item. As such, orders for this item cannot be cancelled once placed. To ensure your satisfaction, please call us with any questions you have prior to ordering.
- Height: 17.25''
- Width: 26
- Depth: 21.5''
Ships via FedEx/UPS
back to top
|Eames Ottoman *Quickship Option
||17.25" H x 26" W x 21.5" D
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top