About the DesignerCharles & Ray Eames
Charles Ormond Eames, Jr (1907–1978) and Bernice Alexandra "Ray" (née Kaiser) Eames (1912–1988) were American designers, who worked in and made major contributions to modern architecture and furniture. They also worked in the fields of industrial and graphic design, fine art and film. The Eames Chaise is soft, comfortable, and just 18 inches wide. When you lie on it, you naturally fold your arms over your chest. Should you doze off, your arms soon fall to your sides, waking you up. It's a beautiful place to relax for a spell in a study, den, or executive office.
The gently curved frame puts the body in a healthful relaxed position, with the head and legs slightly raised. The Eames Chaise is designed for quick, healthful snoozes. THE DESIGN | FEATURES AT A GLANCE | DIMENSIONS | WHY BUY FROM US? The Design:
- In 1955 while filming on location, director Billy Wilder discovered he could take quick naps on a plank held up by sawhorses. This prompted Wilder to tell his friends Charles and Ray Eames that he needed a narrow office couch.
- The Eameses remembered that conversation and in 1968 introduced the Eames Chaise, giving the first one to Wilder. It has been produced by Herman Miller ever since.
Back to Top Features at a Glance:
- Sleek Sophistication
- Sculptural frame and base with trim lines
- Available in over 100 colors of quality leather
- Cushioned Comfort
- Six 2.5-inch-thick foam cushions
- Upholstered in soft, supple leather
- Cushions are secured to nylon fabric tightly slung on the frame and joined by flexible zippers
- Two loose cushions give additional support for the neck, back, or legs
- Gently curved frame
- Secure Support
- Die-cast aluminum frame and base are stable and strong
- Scratch-resistant, eggplant-colored nylon coating is electrostatically applied to the aluminum
- Glides are high-impact nylon
Back to Top Dimensions:
- Height: 16.5 - 29.5"
- Width: 76.5”
- Depth: 18"
Back to Top Why Buy From Us?
Note: This quality item is custom made for your order. Unfortunately, this means that orders cannot be cancelled or returned once placed, so please call our trained staff with any questions you may have prior to ordering - we will ensure that you get exactly what you need.
- The Eames Chaise is offered as a Specialty Order Item in order to accommodate complete customization.
- Wayfair stand behind our on all Herman Miller products.
- Wayfair also backs a 12-Year Warranty. Should you experience any problems with your Eames Chaise, Herman Miller will cover the cost of fixing it for you.
- Also, should you discover shortly after receiving your Eames Chaise that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
Free In-Home Delivery
Ships via Inside Delivery & Packaging Disposal
back to top
|Eames Chaise Lounge
||29.5" H x 76.5" W x 18" D
|Product Category:||Indoor Chaise Lounges|
|Style:||Modern / Contemporary|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top