About the DesignerCharles & Ray Eames
Charles Ormond Eames, Jr (1907–1978) and Bernice Alexandra "Ray" (née Kaiser) Eames (1912–1988) were American designers, who worked in and made major contributions to modern architecture and furniture. They also worked in the fields of industrial and graphic design, fine art and film. As Charles and Ray Eames saw it, designers just want to have "serious fun." This 68-inch-high, undulating screen resulted from their play. It's a portable, foldable, enjoyable way to divide space, provide a backdrop, and add privacy.
The screen was designed as a complement to other Eames molded plywood creations and features the same natural strength and signature style. It's also a stand-alone piece distinctive in all kinds of settings. THE DESIGN | FEATURES AT A GLANCE | DIMENSIONS | WHY BUY FROM US? The Design:
- In an instance of serendipity, Charles Eames noted that the U-shaped cross-sections of plywood resulting from his early molding experiments were stable enough to stand alone. Make them longer, he thought, join them with a flexible connector, and fold them together neatly (for storage or shipment) or open them fully or partially to form an undulating wooden screen.
- The first 1946 production models used a flexible “vinylite” tape to join the plywood sections, another example of Eames putting to civilian use new materials and technologies developed in wartime.
- Today, a polypropylene mesh held securely by a new process ensures a longer life without compromising the integrity of the 1946 design.
Back to Top Features at a Glance:
- Slender Beauty
- Trim, sculpted profile
- Just 2.25 inches thick
- Offered in clear-coat Light Ash or Walnut, stained Natural Cherry or Ebony Veneer
- Creates a dramatic backdrop in any room
- Elegantly divides a space
- Folds for storage and is easy to carry
- Classic Construction
- Five-ply strength resists warping and separation
- Inner plies are sandwiched between veneer in four color choices
- Six 10 inch U-shaped sections
- Durable, woven polypropylene mesh connects the six plywood sections
- Flexible connections make it easy to adjust
Back to Top Dimensions:
- Height: 68”
- Width: 60”
- Depth: 2.25”
Back to Top Why Buy From Us?
- The Eames Molded Plywood Folding Screen is offered as a Specialty Order Item in order to accommodate complete customization.
- Wayfair stand behind our on all Herman Miller products.
- Wayfair also back a 12-Year. Should you experience any problems with your Eames Molded Plywood Folding Screen, Herman Miller will cover the cost of fixing it for you.
- Also, should you discover shortly after receiving your Eames Molded Plywood Folding Screen that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. and Utah
Ships via FedEx/UPS
back to top
|Eames ® Molded Plywood Folding Screen
||68" H x 60" W x 2.25" D
|Product Category:||Room Dividers|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top