The Ulmer Hocker furniture unit was designed in
1954 by Max Bill, the first Vice Chancellor of the Ulm School of Design, together with Hans Gugelot for the students of the college. It was produced in Bill s own ...
Eero Saarinen vowed to address the "ugly, confusing,
unrestful world" he observed underneath chairs and tables the so called "slum of legs." A five year design investigation led him to the revolutionary Pedestal Collection, introduced in 1958.