About the DesignerSandy Chilewich
Sandy Chilewich is the founder and creative director of Chilewich / Sultan LLC in the United States. Chilewich has reinterpreted underutilized and overlooked manufacturing practices, producing designs marked by ingenuity and elegance for the last three decades with two distinct businesses. In 1978, Chilewich co-founded the hosiery company HUE with Kathy Moska; by 1997 the company was credited with revolutionizing the leg wear market with its innovations in design, packaging and merchandising. In years after the sale of the still-thriving HUE, Chilewich continued to explore her fascination with materials and textiles. In 1997, she introduced the highly successful Ray Bowl, which was acclaimed with utility patents and numerous awards. In a quest for other fabrics to incorporate into the Ray Bowl, she stumbled upon woven vinyl and fell in love with what she believed was a completely underutilized textile. Hence the launch, in 2000, of Chilewich's current distinctive product line of vinyl textiles. Chilewich went on to design and manufacture a number of successful applications for her growing collection of textiles. Her tablemats and floor mats can be seen in homes and better restaurants around the world. Chilewich bags, totes and cosmetic bags are modern and functional, perfect for travel and everyday use. In 2001 Chilewich, together with her architect husband, Joe Sultan, launched their first product for contract use. The two have changed the firm's corporate name to Chilewich / Sultan LLC to reflect their emergent business partnership. The award-winning Chilewich / Sultan LLC products are sold around the world.
A subtler version of our signature Basketweave, Mini Basketweave's are a bit more refined with less texture. Made in USA.
Care and Maintenance
- Made from vinyl
- Tête-à-tête shape
- Perfect complete with gift box
- Designed to accommodate wide range of different table top products
- Overall Dimensions: 19" W x 55" D
- Be sure to store tablemats flat. Do not fold or allow them to crease
- Clean using soap and water with a damp cloth
- Do not recommend dishwasher or washing machine use
- Should a stubborn stain occur, woven vinyl is very durable and can withstand aggressive scrubbing with a bleach based cleanser. This will remove the stain without altering the fabric
- Permanent stains may result when certain food or liquids are left on the tablemat for long periods before cleaning. This is more likely to occur with our lighter-color textiles
- Air dry. Do not iron
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.