About the DesignerFratelli Campana
Humberto Campana, lawyer and Fernando Campana, architect, have been working together in San Paolo since 1983 in the field of artistic design. They came into the limelight in 1989 with the furniture exhibition provocatively entitled "Gli inconfortabili" (The Inconsolable), a political manifesto rather than functional objects. Their radical point of view is strengthened by the use of poor materials and industrial rubbish. Hand-made products represent the possibility of social redemption in a poor country. Their intention is, however, to find a way for Brazilian design, avoiding European colonization. In Italy, they participated in the "Viaggio in Italia" exhibition at Abitare il Tempo in Verona in 1994 and in 1995 at the exhibition organized at the Brazilian Consulate in Milan "Il Brasile fa anche design". In 1997 they designed lights for O Luce. Some of their pieces appear in the International Design Year Book of 1997, edited by Philippe Starck. In 1998 the Moma in New York dedicated the "Progetto 66" exhibition to them, coupled with Ingo Maurer.
Nuvem is an experiment in wire-working, featuring matte aluminum wire that has been tangled and twisted, squashed and then spun to achieve its signature look that again fuses pandemonium with poetry, and embodies their unique experimental approach to design.
Order with Confidence:
- Light and airy "cloud" inspiration (Nuvem)
- Matte aluminum wire composition
- Tangled and twisted, squashed and spun design
- Overall Dimensions: 9.5" H x 9.1" W x 9.1" D
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Nuvem Wire Citrus Basket that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
Ships via FedEx/UPS
back to top
|Nuvem Wire Citrus Basket by Fratelli Campana
||9.5" H x 9.1" W x 9.1" D
|Product Category:||Decorative Baskets, Bowls & Boxes|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top