About the DesignerWilliam Alsop
England (1947 - )
Will Alsop, English architect and artist, was born at Northampton (1947), studied at the Architectural Association in London, worked with Cedric Price from 1973 to 1977, with Roderick Ham in 1977 and with Jan St÷rmer until early 2001, when he founded Alsop Architects, with branches in London, Rotterdam and Moscow. His most significant projects completed in these years were the Passenger and Ferry Terminal in Hamburg (1990); Barrage and Visitor Centre in Cardiff (1991); Le Grand Bleu Government Headquarters in Marseilles (1991); the Tottenham Hale and North Greenwich Jubilee Line Underground Stations in London (1991 and 1992); the stage at Groningen (1995), the Reuters headquarters in Moscow (1996); the State Archives in Hamburg (1998). Alsop's work and projects have received wide recognitionùan honorary doctorate from Leicester University and an honorary fellowship from the Royal Society of British Sculptorsùand awards that include the riba National Award for the Visitor's Centre in Cardiff (1991) and the riba Civic and Community Architecture Award for Le Grand Bleu (1997) . His professional work has always been integrated with teaching, first as tutor of sculpture at St Martin's School of Art in London and then at various leading universities in Britain and abroad. Since 1997 he has taught at Technische Universit?t and directs its Hochbau institute in Vienna.
- 2 Mocha Coffee Cups
- 2 Saucers for Mocha Cup
- 2 Mocha Coffee Spoons
- Il Cafe Alessi by William Alsop and Federico Grazzinii collection
- Cup is cylindrical in shape and remarkably slender
- Handle is made by twisting a flat plate joined vertically to the cup through 90°
- Extends horizontally out to meet the fingers
- Ovoid shape of the saucer traces a sort of raised prow that gives a visual orientation
- Base of the cup is hollow and conceals a small glass for cream, a shot of liqueur or spirits to add to the coffee
- Cup and the saucer are made of bone china, a porcelain praised for its brilliance and transparency
- Volume 1.5 oz.
- Overall dimensions: 3.25" H x 1.75" D
Ships via FedEx/UPS
back to top
|IL Caffè Alessi Hazel Mocha Cups with Saucers by William Alsop and Federico Grazzini
||3.25" H x 1.75" D
|Product Category:||Cups & Mugs|
|Size:||Less than 5 oz.|
|Type:||Espresso / Cappuccino Cup|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top