It’s all here! Once you add the product above to your cart, we make it easy to select more items you may need.
Its back moves as your back moves. Its arms move as your arms move. Its seat moves as your seat moves. It's the first chair that actually changes shape to mimic and support the movement of your spine. As a result of 11 studies with over 700 participants conducted across 4 universities amongst 27 scientists, the Leap chair is backed by four years of research and embodies the ergonomic discoveries made by Steelcase Design Studio and IDEO. Because of an exceptional range of adjustments, Leap is perfect for anyone and thanks to its advanced technology and extraordinary comfort, the Leap® chair is a proven technology a healthier way to sit.
- Refined iconic design
- Amazing ergonomic comfort
- Leather seat and back
- Plastic outer back, frame and base
- Thermal Comfort design offers excellent ''breathability''
- Patented ''live back'' technology supports entire spine
- Natural Glide System allows reclining without disrupting work
- Upper Back Force control customizes level of ''push back'' when reclining
- Variable back stop with five recline angle positions
- Flexible seat edge relieves pressure on back of legs
- Lower back firmness control
- Fully adjustable arms with pivot and soft caps for comfort
- Pneumatically adjustable seat height
- Soft, dual-wheel casters are available for use on hard wood floors or chair mats
- Winner of numerous awards including NeoCon's Most Innovative Design Award and the Wall Street Journal's Best Overall Desk Chair
- Has been tested for up to 300 lbs
- Please Note: Use of standard carpet casters on hard surfaces, including floor mats, will affect chair stability and may result in personal injury
- Leap is made from powder-coated steel, glass reinforced nylon, polypropylene, and leather
- Plastic and painted parts: clean often using household cleaner (Fantastik® or 409®) and wipe with a soft, dry cloth
- Most stains can be removed by applying a mild soap to a slightly damp cloth, then rubbing it gently over the stain. Wipe dry
- The Leap chair is up to 98% recyclable by weight, depending on the options selected, and made of up to 30% recycled content
- Leap manufacturing uses powder-coated paints, water-based adhesives and VOC-free manufacturing processes
- The cushioning in the back upholstery is made from 50% post-consumer PET (for example, recycled plastic soda and water bottles) and is 100% recyclable
- To reduce packaging waste, the Leap chair is blanket wrapped (not boxed) for domestic shipment. And throughout the manufacturing process, our suppliers use reusable parts containers to further reduce waste
- Through implementing leaner manufacturing processes, we were able to reduce the amount of manufacturing space used to produce Leap by 74%, resulting in a significant reduction in the amount of energy used in production
- The Leap chair is designed for a long life. To ensure that happens, back cushions, seat assembly, arms, and lumbar support can be added, changed, or replaced at any time
- Leap is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
- Seat Pan Angle: -1 - 3 degrees
- Leather: Dust occasionally with a clean, dry cloth
- Frame and structural components (base, arms, seat, and back) – Lifetime (for as long as you own it), seating mechanisms, including pneumatic cylinders –10 years, fabric or Leather – 5 years
- Product Type: Drafting chairs
- Base Material: Other; Metal; Plastic
- Upholstered: Yes
- Upholstery Material: Leather
See something odd?
Report it here.