Bring home a touch of the Far East with this subtle yet beautiful Oriental Furniture Standing Japanese Zen Monk Figurine. Traditionally believed to attract positive energy, this figurine can liven up any room you place it in and renew its strength and balance. A beautiful work of timeless art, it can be a perfect addition to your home decor.
Made of resin with a gray finish, this serene and substantial Japanese Zen Monk Figurine from Oriental Furniture reflects the Edo period. This heavy cast figurine features a burnished bronze patina finish. The figurine depicts a blissful and glowing face. It has authentic details such as a shaved head and auspicious long ear lobes and eyes closed in deep meditation. The right hand holds symbolic staff and the left hand has a spherical object, possibly the metaphorical pearl of wisdom. The figurine is placed on a classic style double lotus base pediment. Compared to the ornate Buddhist art of Tibet, China and Thailand, this figurine has an understated style. The artistic conventions of Zen are reflected in this wonderful piece of Buddhist art.
This authentically crafted Buddhist art piece can add serenity & warmth to a room, making it an excellent gift option.
- Substantial decorative accessory
- Subtle and beautiful work of classic Buddhist art
- Edo period Japanese zen monk
- Right hand holds symbolic staff in his left a sphere possibly metaphorical pearl of wisdom
- Thought to attract good energy to home or office
- Wonderfully serene face and auspicious long ear lobes
- Rich beautiful burnished faux antique bronze patina
- Heavy cast resin construction
See something odd?
Report it here.