Conceived in 1953 as a rocking stool made of metal wire and wood, Noguchi's playful object was manufactured the following year in varying sizes, and later evolved into a table that became a companion piece to the Bertoia wire children's chair. At the suggestion of Hans Knoll, Noguchi's small table was enlarged to full size in 1957. Reintroduced by Knoll in collaboration with the Noguchi Foundation, the design is now meticulously produced from Noguchi's original drawings. The sculptural base consists of a column of chrome-plated steel wires set into a cast-iron, textured powder coat base.
In his truly ground-breaking collection from 1957, Eero Saarinen transformed executive seating into a fluid and sculptural form. A comfortable chair is a necessity and the Executive Chair is that and more. Perfect for your home office or anywhere else you might need extra seating.
Features at a Glance:
Noguchi Dining Table: Order with Confidence:
Design Year: 1955
- Table top is laminate with a natural birch edge and 0.8" thick
- Table base is cast iron, textured powder-coat
- Steel wire column
- Each table features a signature plate under the table top with the KnollStudio® logo and Isamu Noguchi's signature
- Shipping Note: The 42" table with laminate top ships in 3-5 business days. All other table options ship in 6 weeks.
Design Year: 1957
- Frame is made of molded reinforced polyurethane shell
- Seat is made of contoured plywood
- Chair is upholstered in urethane foam cushion with matching full surround welt detail
- Steel leg base features seamless tubular steel
- Includes glides which are molded nylon disks in stamped steel shroud
- Shipping Note: The Saarinen Chairs ship in 8-10 weeks.
- Small Table: 36" L x 36" W x 28" H
- Large Table: 42" L x 42" W x 28" H
- Overall Dimensions: 31.5" H x 25.5" W x 25.5" D
- Seat Height: 18"
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The Saarinen Executive Chair is Greenguard certified. Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Cyclone Dining Table or Saarinen Chairs that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
See something odd?
Report it here.