Agar-agar is a natural gelling agent extracted from red algae often used to create solid pearls, gel spaghettis and jellies. Agar-agar has the advantage of being calorie-free. It is also 80% fibers and can therefore affect regularity of the bowel. In jams, agar-agar holds better than pectin and because of a very good release of flavor in the mouth, it amplifies the taste of fruit and thus reduces the amount of sugar needed in a recipe. Lastly, agar-agar is an ideal vegetable substitute for animal gelatin. You'll want a refill when you run out so you can continue your culinary creativity!
- Natural gelling agent extracted from red algae
- 80% Fibers, affects regularity of the bowel
- Amplifies the taste of fruit and thus reduces the amount of sugar needed in a recipe
- Ideal vegetable substitute for animal gelatin
- There are 10 packets in a refill box
See something odd?
Report it here.