''The underside of typical chairs and tables makes a confusing, unrestful world.'' said esteemed Finnish designer Eero Saarinen. ''I wanted to clear up the slum of legs.'' Thus, in 1957 Saarinen unveiled his ground-breaking collection of pedestal coffee, dining and side tables, whose simple elegance has endured for 50 years. Stylish and modern, the Saarinen Oval Side Table is a design masterpiece that fits seamlessly into any environment. The Design Eero Saarinen might be considered by some to be a purist when it came to his approach towards architecture and interior design. He sought the essential idea and reduced it to the most effective structural solution within an overall unity of design. When he designed his pedestal collection, including the Oval Side Table, Saarinen realized his ideal of formal unity: ''Every significant piece of furniture from the past has a holistic structure.'' To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Saarinen's revolutionary Tulip Collection, Knoll has introduced a platinum finish option and has reintroduced teak and rosewood tabletop finishes.
- Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the Knoll Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity
- Base made of heavy molded aluminum
- Saarinen Tables with laminate, natural marble or granite tabletops are Greenguard certified
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Saarinen Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Laminate top
- Transparent polyester coat helps prevent use-associated stains
- Base is strap-polished and coated in tough, abrasion-resistant rilsan finish
- Made in the United States
- Number of Items Included: 1
- Product Warranty: Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll warranty.
See something odd?
Report it here.