''The underside of typical chairs and tables makes a confusing, unrestful world,'' said esteemed Finnish designer Eero Saarinen. ''I wanted to clear up the slum of legs.'' Thus in 1957 Saarinen unveiled his ground-breaking collection of pedestal coffee, dining and side tables, whose simple elegance has endured for 50 years. Stylish and modern, the Saarinen Oval Coffee Table is a design masterpiece that fits seamlessly into any environment. The Design Eero Saarinen might be considered by some to be a purist when it came to his approach towards architecture and interior design. He sought the essential idea and reduced it to the most effective structural solution within an overall unity of design. When he designed his pedestal collection, including the Oval Coffee Table, Saarinen realized his ideal of formal unity: ''Every significant piece of furniture from the past has a holistic structure.''
- Laminate top
- Coated marble top
- Transparent polyester coat helps prevent use-associated stains
- Wood veneer top
- Base made of heavy molded aluminum
- Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Top Material: Slate/Stone
- Hidden Storage Compartment: No
See something odd?
Report it here.