The Asymmetric Lounge is the most sculptural of Harry Bertoia’s 1952 wire chair collection. The chair never made it beyond a prototype until 2005, when Knoll, with help from Bertoia’s family, put the design into full production. Harry Bertoia’s wire collection is among the most recognized achievements of mid-century modern design and a proud part of the Knoll heritage.
- Bertoia collection
- Glides included
- Scratch, chip, and chemical resistant
- Seat pad secured to chair with lock-snap and vinyl upholstery suitable for outdoor use
- Frame has stainless steel connections
- ''Designer of the Year,'' 1955, USA
- Certificate of Merit, American Institute of Architects
- Greenguard certified
- Seat and base are constructed of welded steel rods
- Full cover attaches directly to the frame with hidden mono-filament and metal hooks
- Plastic glides included on sled base to protect floors
- Knoll logo stamped into the back of the base
- Made in USA
- Chair Design: Lounge chair
- Ottoman Available: No
- Ottoman Included: No
- Swivel: No
- Stackable: No
- Arms Included: No
- Upholstery Material: Other
See something odd?
Report it here.