Florence Knoll is considered by many to be a leader of 20th-century architecture and design. Studying architecture with Mies van der Rohe and working alongside of Marcel Breuer and Bauhaus founder, Walter Gropius--Knoll was primed for success. Forming Knoll Associates with her husband, Hans, Knoll headed up the Planning Unit at Knoll, creating what she referred to as ''the fill-in pieces that no one else wants to do.'' Like so many of her ground-breaking designs that became the gold standard for the industry, this 1954 piece has gone on to become a classic. Like many of Knoll's designs, the Florence Knoll Rectangular Coffee Table is reserved and cool, severe and angular--reflecting the objective perfectionism of the early 1960s. The KnollStudio logo and Florence Knoll's signature are stamped on the inside of leg of every table.
- Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the KnollStudio Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Legs are made in polished chrome-plated steel
- American Institute of Interior Designers First Award, USA - 1954
- Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Product Warranty: Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
See something odd?
Report it here.