These stylish bowls, dishes, and trays are carved from mango trees grown in Thailand's vast mango plantations. The Mango tree bears fruit for about 20 to 30 years, after which time it is cut down by the farmer to make room for new seedlings. The creamy, dense mango wood is then reclaimed by local craftsmen for carving into a wide variety of beautiful products. The artisans working mango wood pay careful attention to the individuality of each and every raw slab of wood that comes into their hands, and the results are wonderful. Each piece in this collection has a live edge of contrasting tree bark around the rim which reminds one that each tree has a character and texture all its own. From the eco-friendly mango collection, this freeform bowl always starts a conversation. From serving food to simply being used as a decorative accent, this hand-carved mango dish brings visual interest and utility from the carver's hand. As they are hand-carved, each piece is slightly different from the next. Each item in the Mango Casual Dining grouping is hand-carved and finished, so each piece reflects the variations natural to handmade items. All items are finished in a food-safe lacquer. We recommend hand washing and drying for all items.
- Material: Mango Wood
- Made from environmentally-friendly reclaimed mango wood with an easy care food-safe
- Each piece is hand-carved by skilled artisans, so no two are exactly alike
- Gorgeous wood grain and a unique shapes make these great for a wide variety and decorative uses
- Hand wash only
- Interior damp rated for use
- Finish: Lacquer
- Great by themselves to accent a table or in groups to create atmosphere
- Number of Compartments: 1
See something odd?
Report it here.