Combining features of a chef's knife and a cleaver, the Santoku is an all-purpose knife that's ideal for cutting meat, fish and vegetables. The word Santoku means in.three good things in. A reference to the three cutting tasks it performs so well: slicing, dicing and mincing. The kullens along the edge help reduce friction, which prevents food from sticking. This Calphalon santoku knife is ideal for cutting meat, slicing fish or chopping vegetables with ease!
- Katana Series Cutlery Collection
- Material of blade: VG-1 Japanese steel
- Material of handle: poly-resin
- Not dishwasher safe; hand-washing is recommended
- VG-1 Japanese steel for exceptional sharpness and ultimate edge retention
- Damascus style blade clad with 33 stainless steel layers for distinctive style, exceptional rigidity and rust resistance
- Traditional blade shapes enhanced for ease of use and precision
- Integrated bolster design provides a secure, comfortable grip and offers increased control
- Ergonomic poly-resign handle is contoured for comfort and well balanced for control and precision
- Will not chip, crack or peel
- Katana Series' time-honored layering process not only imparts exceptional sharpness, but allows the blade to retain its edge longer for enduring high performance results
- Winner of the 2006 Housewares Design Award for innovative design in cutlery
See something odd?
Report it here.