Ask any professional chef and you'll find out, the Chef's Knife is the most indispensable of all the knives in the block. Perfectly diced onions and peppers, slender zucchini matchsticks, roll cut carrots and thinly shredded cabbage are just a few strokes away with this powerful, versatile tool. Notice how the blade edge of the Chef's Knife is gently curved, from tip to heel. That's to allow you to use a gentle, even rocking and gliding motion as you cut. The length and weight of the blade helps you work more efficiently (the longer and heavier the blade, the less muscle you have to put behind it). Use the whole blade to cut larger items like potatoes and Spanish onions into slices or strips. The bolster gives the knife weight at the heel so the back half of the blade can be used to make smaller cuts. The flat of the blade can be used to lightly in.whack in. the skins from garlic cloves, too.
- Contemporary Cutlery Collection
- Material: High-carbon German steel
- One-piece forging of blade, bolster and tang for long-lasting durability
- Ergonomic grip handle uniquely contoured for comfort
- High-carbon, no-stain German steel from tip to tang
- Sharpens more easily than ordinary stainless and maintains its edge longer
- Each knife type individually balanced for efficiency and comfort
- Fully tapered from cutting edge to spine and from tip to heel for superior strength and greater cutting versatility
- Patented handle labels make knife identification easy
- Resists rust, stains and discoloration
- Hand-ground to a perfect, equal edge and fine satin finish
See something odd?
Report it here.