The Design Harry Bertoia's 1950 experiment with bending metal rods into practical art produced a revered collection of seating, including this side chair. Innovative, comfortable, and strikingly handsome, the Bertoia Side Chair's delicate filigree appearance belies its strength and durability. In Bertoia's own words, ''If you look at these chairs, they are mainly made of air, like sculpture. Space passes through them .
- Frame is scratch, stain, and chip resistant
- Stainless steel connections
- The Knoll logo is stamped into the base of the chair
- Cover is stretched over wire seat basket and attached with hooks
- With full cover
- ''Designer of the Year,'' 1955, USA
- Certificate of Merit, American Institute of Architects
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The Bertoia Side Chair is Greenguard certified
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Bertoia Side Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Features at a Glance: *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1952Plastic glides included
- Order with Confidence:Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Features at a Glance: *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1952Welded steel with rods of polished or satin chrome or highly durable outdoor powder coat in six colors
- Bertoia collection
- Please Note: This product does not meet Cal 133 specifications.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
See something odd?
Report it here.