Harry Bertoia's 1950 experiment with bending metal rods into practical art produced a revered collection of seating, including the unique Bird Chair. Innovative, comfortable and strikingly handsome, the chair's delicate filigree appearance belies its strength and durability. In Bertoia's own words, If you look at these chairs, they are mainly made of air, like sculpture. Space passes through them. The Bertoia Bird Chair is offered with a full cover and glides. *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1952
- Frame is scratch, stain, and chip resistant
- Stainless steel connections
- The Knoll logo is stamped into the base of the chair
- Full cover is stretched over wire frame and attached to seat basket with hooks
- ''Designer of the Year,'' 1955, USA
- Certificate of Merit, American Institute of Architects
- Design Center Stuttgart Award, W. Germany, 1962
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The Bertoia Bird Chair is Greenguard certified.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Bertoia Bird Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Four plastic glides included
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Bertoia collection
- Please Note: This product does not meet Cal 133 specifications.
- Care & MaintenanceFor the polished chrome rods, Knoll recommends cleaning with Windex or an automotive chrome cleaner such as Semi-Chrome twice a monthApply a coat of hard paste wax to the rods to protect against moistureFor the stainless steel connections, Knoll recommends using Windex, Fantastik, or other non-abrasive household cleaners. For small scratches, rub with Comet, Ajax, or other mild abrasives in the direction of the grain. Apply a coat of auto wax to maintain beauty.To clean the cushion fabric, vacuum frequently or brush lightly to remove surface dust. Professional cleaning should be done regularly to remove soiling not cleaned by vacuuming. Wipe all spills immediately. Try a hidden area to test for color fastness with all stain removal methods. Dimensions:Order with Confidence:
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
See something odd?
Report it here.