Created by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe for the German Pavilion at the 1929 Barcelona Exposition, the Barcelona Chair features the pure compositional structure that now epitomizes modern architecture. This piece is truly a classic in every sense of the word. From the comfortable leather upholstery, right down to the sleek silhouette--the Barcelona Chair is modern furniture at its finest. The Design From the hand-buffed frame to the forty Spinneybeck leather panels carefully hand-welted together and hand-tufted with leather and buttons--the Barcelona Chair is a hand-crafted modern masterpiece. Mies van der Rohe's original 1929 design has managed to stay relevant today, fitting in seamlessly with almost any decor--from casual to formal--the Barcelona Chair is a modern must-have. Each chair is a tribute to traditional craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail. Upholstered with high quality Spinneybeck Volo cowhide, the Barcelona Lounge Collection was honored with The Museum of Modern Art Award in 1977. Each piece also features the KnollStudio® logo and a stamp of Mies van der Rohe's signature. The entire Barcelona Lounge Collection is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®. *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production
- : Exclusive manufacturing and sales rights accorded to Knoll by the designer in 1953
- : Upholstery attaches to frame with aluminum rivets
- : Upholstery belting straps made of cowhide
- : Seat and back cushions adapt to fit curve of frame
- : Chair contains seventeen belting support straps
- : Chair features forty panels-cut, hand-welted and hand-tufted with Spinneybeck leather and buttons
- : Panels and buttons are produced from a single piece of Spinneybeck Volo cowhide
- : Cushions are premium quality, highly resilient urethane foam with down-like dacron polyester fiberfill
- : The KnollStudio logo and designer signature are stamped on each piece
- Awards: The Museum of Modern Art Award - 1977
- Care & Maintenance: Frame:
- Care & Maintenance: Knoll recommends cleaning with Windex or an automotive chrome cleaner such as Semi-Chrome twice a month
- Care & Maintenance: Apply a coat of hard paste wax to protect against moisture
- Upholstery: Knoll recommends cleaning by wiping the entire surface with a soft cloth and a very mild solution of Ivory Flakes and cold water
- Upholstery: Sustainability Statement:Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Upholstery: Should you discover shortly after receiving your Barcelona Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. .
- Upholstery: Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the KnollStudio Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity.Please Note: This product does not meet Cal 133 specifications.
- : Upholstery straps are dyed to match specified upholstery color
- Upholstery: For high traffic use, breathable protective finish allows leather not only be practical but also easy to maintain
- The Barcelona Lounge Seating Collection is Greenguard Certified
- The Barcelona Lounge Seating Collection is Greenguard certified
- Upholstery: Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Chair Design: Lounge chair
- Upholstery Material: Leather
See something odd?
Report it here.