Created in 1958 for the Four Seasons Restaurant at the Seagram Building in New York, this design is believed to be a collaborative effort between Mies van der Rohe, who designed the building, and Phillip Johnson, who designed the restaurant. The cantilevered chrome frame, lean profile and meticulous craftsmanship complement van der Rohe’s Flat Bar Brno Chair, which was specified throughout the restaurant. In 2006 Knoll brought the design into mass production for the first time ever.
- Leather seat upholstery
- Bent steel frame with chrome plating
- Seat features a foam cushion reinforced with a plywood form
- Stitching detail is found on the rear left hand corner of the stool
- The KnollStudio logo and signature of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe are stamped into each piece
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
- Made in the USA
- Manufacturer products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Manufacturer Warranty
See something odd?
Report it here.