About the Designer
Argentina (1969 - )
Alfredo Häberli was born in Buenos Aires in Argentina in 1964, but moved to Switzerland in 1977, where he trained as an industrial designer at the Höhere Schule für Gestaltung in Zürich, graduating in 1991. Since 1993 he has had his own design studio, with his most famous works being the stripy porcelain he designed for the Finnish company Iitalla, furniture for Mosors and furnishings for stores such as the Camper store in Paris and the Kvadrat showroom in Milan. Over the last 17 years, Alfredo Häberli Design Development has become a prestigious international design studio. Mr. Häberli has taught at design schools throughout Europe and the United States, and has participated at a host of exhibitions worldwide. He has also received a number of prestigious awards for his work. Alfredo Häberli finds inspiration for his elegant, minimalist designs in everyday life – gathering impressions into themes so he can always draw on them if he suddenly finds a use for them in a new context. His products are so ingeniously simple, they can all be described in just a few phrases. One method he uses is to keep observing his work again and again throughout the process: "Observing is the most beautiful way to think. I am constantly discovering new things in a single object," he says about his work.
These striped patterns provide a colorful accent to any kind of setting. An eye-catching décor with defined structure and rhythm brightens up any occasion. Origo is easily combinable with other tableware because of its wide spectrum of colors. Its simple form is a perfect example of lasting design.
- Origo collection
- Made of vitro-porcelain
- Microwave, freezer, oven, and dishwasher safe
- Designed to be colorful, bright, and for everyday use
- Capacity, Dessert Bowl: 8.5 oz.
- Capacity, Bowl: 16 oz.
- Capacity, Snack Bowl: 5 oz.
- Capacity, Tumbler: 9.75 oz.
- Capacity, Mug: 13.5 oz.
- Capacity, Serving Bowl: 2.5 qt.
- Dinner Plate: 1" H x 10.25" W x 10.25" D, 1.36 lbs
- Salad Plate: 0.64" H x 7.87" W x 7.87" D, 0.64 lb
- Dessert Bowl: 2" H x 4.75" W x 4.75" D, 0.46 lb
- Bowl: 2.75" H x 5.62" W x 5.62" D, 0.63 lb
- Snack Bowl: 1.93" H x 3.18" W x 3.18" D, 0.22 lb
- Tumbler: 3.5" H x 3.25" W x 3.25" D, 0.36 lb
- Mug: 3.6" H x 3.7" W x 3.7" D, 0.58 lb
- Serving Bowl: 2.75" H x 10" W x 10" D, 1.98 lbs