Zwilling JA Henckels
Edge Maintenance Sharpener
This double faced stone is used for sharpening J.A. Henckels stainless steel and carbon knives. The light side (#1000) is for basic sharpening. Professionals usually start their sharpening with this side and amateurs often finish with it. With this side, you can achieve a satisfactory sharpness on the edge of your knives. The darker, coarse side (#250) is used for repairing nicks in the edge of the knife and restoring the basic shape of the edge. Amateur users who don't sharpen that often are recommended to begin with a few strokes on this side for restoring the basic shape of the edge. Further details on how to use the stone are below.
- Twin stone pro
- Double sided stone with high quality material, well suited for J.A. Henckels knives
- No pre-soaking in water required
- Tray with rubber feet for proper fixing when sharpening
- 250/1000 grit for rough and medium fine sharpening
- Edge Maintenance collection
- How To Use Twin Stone Pro:1. Set the whetstone into the bottom case with the grey, coarse side up. The grey side is for rough sharpening and the lighter side for fine sharpening. 2. Only fine sharpen the blade with the blue side after it has been roughly sharpened with the grey side. 3. Place the stone into the transparent bottom case. Then place the case on a flat, dry surface. The rubber feet on the bottom of the case will prevent slipping. 4. Apply a small amount of water on the surface of the stone. Completely soaking it in water is not necessary. 5. Make sure to keep the stone wet while sharpening. 6. A grey liquid will develop while sharpening. Do not wash this liquid away as it is necessary for a smooth sharpening. 7. After sharpening is complete, rinse the liquid from the surface and dry off the stone completely. Keep it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. How To Sharpen A Knife:For a double-edged knife 1. Begin sharpening on the coarse (grey) side. 2. Set the blade with the cutting edge faced toward you at an angle of 45 degrees to the length of the stone. The back of the blade should be kept at 10 to 20 degrees from the surface of the stone. 3. Place the fingers of one hand lightly on the center of the blade. While maintaining the angle, sharpen the blade by moving it back and forth using even strokes. 4. Sharpen the tip, center and then heel of the blade until a burr appears on the cutting edge. 5. Once a burr appears, turn the knife over and sharpen the other side in the same manner. 6. Turn the stone over to the lighter side and repeat steps 2. – 5. Please be aware that it is difficult to feel the burr when sharpening on the fine side. Therefore, sharpen the knife until it has reached the desired level of sharpness. 7. As a final touch, sharpen the edge a few times in a diagonal direction lightly enough to remove any remaining burrs. 8. After sharpening, remove the grinding paste by washing the knife under the tap and dry it carefully with a towel. For knives with a one-sided edge: 1. Only one side of the cutting edge needs to be sharpened, in the same manner as described above. 2. As the burr needs to be removed with one-sided edges too, turn the knife over once a burr appears, but move the knife back and forth on tip, center and heel on the non-edge side a few times only. MAINTENANCE: When the stone is worn out or becomes concave, use coarse waterproof sandpaper to even out the surface by sanding it down. You can also use a touch-up stone to flatten the surface.
Zwilling JA Henckels Edge Maintenance Sharpener
We're sorry, we have no weights and dimensions for this product.
|Product Type: Sharpening steel||Primary Material: Stainless steel|
|Number of Items Included: 1||Dishwasher Safe: Yes|
|Commercial Use: No||Eco-Friendly: No|
|Country of Manufacture: Imported|| |
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
Still have questions about this product?
We're here to help
Zwilling JA Henckels Edge Maintenance Sharpener
When you buy a Zwilling JA Henckels
Edge Maintenance Sharpener online from AllModern, we make it as easy as possible for
you to find out when your product will be delivered.
You can check on a delivery estimate for the Zwilling JA Henckels Part
If you have any questions about your purchase or any
other Cutlery product for sale our customer service representatives are
available to help.Whether you just want to buy a Zwilling JA Henckels
Edge Maintenance Sharpener or shop for your entire home, AllModern has all of your design needs covered.
About the Manufacturer
The history of the ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS brand begins on June 13, 1731 (under the Gemini star sign). It was on that day that knife-maker Peter Henckels from Solingen registered the "TWIN" symbol as his trademark with the Cutlers' Guild of Solingen. This symbol, which is now well-known all over the world, is thus one of the oldest trademarks in the world. Today's name - ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS - was given to the Company by a descendant of Peter Henckels, Johann Abraham Henckels.
ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS is a modern company which in its long tradition has always used innovative technology to manufacture products and services of the highest quality. The leading principle of ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS has always been - our customers' satisfaction is our success - everybody is a customer. ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS has consistently set out to supply its customers with the best possible products and services. Based on this commitment Peter Henckels established his company more than 275 years ago. Today they still consider themselves bound by the same commitment!