About the DesignerRonan & Erwan Bouroullec
Ronan Bouroullec (born 1971) and Erwan Bouroullec (born 1976) have been working together for about ten years now. In 1997, they presented their "Disintegrated Kitchen" at the Salon du Meuble in Paris and were spotted by Giulio Cappellini, who gave them their first industrial design projects. Voted Designers of the Year at the Salon du Meuble in 2002, their other awards include the Grand Prix du Design (Paris, 1998), the New Designer Award at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF New York, 1999) and the Finn-Juhl Prize (Copenhagen, 2008). Several exhibitions have been devoted to their work.: Design Museum, London (2002), Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, the Museum Boijmans van Beuningen, Rotterdam, and La Piscine, Mus?e d'Art et d'Industrie, Roubaix (all in 2004), at the Villa Noailles, Hyeres (2008) and at the Grand Hornu, Belgium (2009). Two monographs books have been published about the design of Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec: Ronan et Erwan Bouroullec û Catalogue de Raison (Paris: Images Modernes / Kreo, 2002) and Ronan et Erwan Bouroullec.
The Metal Side Tables belong to that category of furniture, which, while not being the focal point of the fittings, is nonetheless indispensible in making them complete. Small, rather unassuming aids, they can be easily moved to other locations and used for a wide variety of purposes, performing a wide range of valuable services. Thanks to the harmony of their dimensions and the attractive formal contrast between slender table tops and voluminous, socle-like legs, they make an attractive addition wherever they stand.Features:
- Felt glides for easy moving
- Design is the process by which almost all objects in Vitra's surroundings are instilled with a specific design and function - from cars to paper clips, from clothing to chairs. And design does not just mean giving things a shape. Design creates the basis which enables things to function in the desired manner. It is a process in which complementary but often mutually contradictory requirements have to be met (comfort, technology, ergonomics, ecology, economics, aesthetics). Design can be successful only when the balance of all these factors is attained.
- Once in the factory, Vitra staff manufacture furniture to precise standards, individually ensuring the quality of each product.
- Vitra has been certified for DIN EN ISO 9001: 2000.
- Vitra's focus on quality does not end at the factory door - they believe that providing clients with exceptional service is just as important as manufacturing furniture. In order to make certain Vitra clients enjoy consistently high quality in all Vitra products, they have set up their own test center which monitors products against criteria that are far more stringent than the statutory standards.
- Ergonomics is an applied science that studies the relationship between human beings and machines. Vitra produces furniture that responds to the ergonomic requirements of the body and as a consequence has a positive effect on health and well-being. All Vitra products (except for the experimental series Vitra Edition) have been tested by independent institutions. They comply with prescribed standards under the European Directive on VDU Work and are marked with the GS seal (= Gepr fte Sicherheit or Tested Safety, seal of the independent certification company LGA).
- Vitra's contribution to ecological conservation does not stop with a close examination of materials and processes. All aspects of the company's work involve ecological thinking.
- In 1991, Vitra set up an internal ecology committee to discuss environmental topics. This team identifies new tasks, and its project teams work together to find solutions.
- Vitra uses only non-CFC foams and adhesives free of toxic solvents; all possible materials are recycled. Wherever possible, Vitra uses recycled materials.
- Vitra's goal during production is to minimize noise and emission levels as well as to reduce waste. Packaging materials are kept to a minimum and re-used as often as possible.
- Features:Constructed of molded and welded sheet steel
- Features:High gloss and powder coated finish
- Distressed: No
- Country of Manufacture: Germany
- Small Side Table:15'' H x 12.5'' W x 12.5
- Medium Side Table: 17.5'' H x 15.75'' W x 15.75'' D
- Large Side Table: 14'' H x 27.5'' W x 12.5'' D