Leap® Leather Office Chair
Its back moves as your back moves. Its arms move as your arms move. Its seat moves as your seat moves. It's first chair actually changes shape to mimic and support movement of your spine. As result of 11 studies with over 700 participants conducted across 4 universities amongst 27 scientists, Leap® chair is backed by four years of research and embodies ergonomic discoveries made by Steelcase Design Studio and IDEO. Because of an exceptional range of adjustments, Leap® is perfect for anyone and thanks to its advanced technology and extraordinary comfort, Leap® chair is proven technology healthier way to sit.
- Refined iconic design
- Amazing ergonomic comfort
- Leather seat and back
- Thermal comfort design offers excellent ''breathability''
- Patented ''live back'' technology supports entire spine
- Natural glide system allows reclining without disrupting work
- Upper back force control customizes level of ''push back'' when reclining
- Variable back stop with five recline angle positions
- Flexible seat edge relieves pressure on back of legs
- Lower back firmness control
- Adjustable seat depth
- Pneumatically adjustable seat height
- Winner of numerous awards including NeoCon's Most Innovative Design Award and Wall Street Journal's Best Overall Desk Chair
- Has been tested for up to 300 lbs
- Seat pan angle: -1° - 3°
- Leap® is made from powder-coated steel, glass reinforced nylon, polypropylene, and leather
- Plastic and painted parts: clean often using household cleaner (Fantastik® or 409®) and wipe with soft, dry cloth
- Leather: Dust occasionally with clean, dry cloth
- Most stains can be removed by applying mild soap to slightly damp cloth, then rubbing it gently over stain. Wipe dry
- The Leap® chair is up to 98% recyclable by weight, depending on options selected, and made of up to 30% recycled content
- Leap® manufacturing uses powder-coated paints, water-based adhesives and VOC-free manufacturing processes
- The cushioning in back upholstery is made from 50% post-consumer PET (for example, recycled plastic soda and water bottles) and is 100% recyclable
- Leap® is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
- To reduce packaging waste, Leap® chair is blanket wrapped (not boxed) for domestic shipment. And throughout manufacturing process, our suppliers use reusable parts containers to further reduce waste
- Through implementing leaner manufacturing processes, we were able to reduce amount of manufacturing space used to produce Leap® by 74%, resulting in significant reduction in amount of energy used in production
- Please Note: Use of standard carpet casters on hard surfaces, including floor mats, will affect chair stability and may result in personal injury
- The Leap chair is designed for a long life. To ensure that happens, back cushions, seat assembly, arms, and lumbar support can be added, changed, or replaced at any time
- Frame and structural components (base, arms, seat, and back) – Lifetime (for as long as you own it), seating mechanisms, including pneumatic cylinders –10 years, fabric or Leather – 5 Years
Steelcase Leap® Leather Office Chair
Weights & Dimensions
- Minimum Seat Height: 15.5"
- Maximum Seat Height: 20.5"
- Maximum Overall Height - Top to Bottom: 43.5"
- Maximum Overall Height - Top to Bottom: 45.5"
- Overall Depth - Front to Back: Min:
- Seat Depth: Min:
- Overall Depth - Front to Back: Max:
- Seat Depth: Max:
Minimum Overall Height - Top to Bottom: 38.5"
Chair Back Max Height: 25"
Overall Product Weight: 45lbs
|Product Type: Conference chairs; Task chairs||Style: Contemporary; Modern|
|Powder Coated Finish: Yes||Base Material: Plastic|
- Base Material Details: Powder-coated steel, glass reinforced nylon, polypropylene
|Exterior Seat Material: Leather||Upholstered: Yes|
- Upholstery Material: Leather
- Cushion or Upholstery Fill Material: Foam
|Back Height: Mid-back||Back Type: Upholstered|
|Adjustable Height: Yes||Ergonomic: Yes|
|Tilt Control: No||Lumbar Support: Yes|
|Casters: Yes||Heated Seat: No|
|Heated Back: No||Weight Capacity: 300|
|Recycled Content: Yes|
- Total Recycled Content (Percentage): 30
- Post-Consumer Content (Percentage): 50
|Product Care: Plastic and painted parts: clean often using household cleaner (Fantastik® or 409®) and wipe with soft, dry cloth. Leather: Dust occasionally with clean, dry cloth. Most stains can be removed by applying mild soap to slightly damp cloth, then rubbing it gently over stain. Wipe dry||Country of Manufacture: United States|
|Number of Items Included (Polished Aluminum Base): 1|| |
|Product Warranty: Frame and structural components (base, arms, seat, and back) – Lifetime (for as long as you own it), seating mechanisms, including pneumatic cylinders –10 years, fabric or Leather – 5 Years|| |
|Greenguard Certified: Yes|| |
Questions & Answers (1)
“Hello, what is the weight capacity of this item?”
asked by Clark
"Hi Clark, this item can hold up to 300 lbs."
Lauren from Wayfair
Still have questions about this product?
We're here to help
The Leap® Leather Office Chair is a Contemporary or Modern style product. Contemporary style bridges the gap between traditional and modern. Pieces feature simple and clean lines with smooth surfaces without any carving or adornment. Modern style is very sleek with clean lines, and generally incorporates high gloss using whites, greys, and blacks. A focus on geometry and
angular shapes is a hallmark of modern design. Glass and leather are also seen a lot with modern style. You can shop for more Contemporary or Modern Office Chairs in the Office section of our site.
Steelcase Leap® Leather Office Chair
When you buy a Steelcase
Leap® Leather Office Chair online from AllModern, we make it as easy as possible for
you to find out when your product will be delivered.
You can check on a delivery estimate for the Steelcase Part
#: LEAP LEATHERALUM
If you have any questions about your purchase or any
other Office Chairs product for sale our customer service representatives are
available to help.Whether you just want to buy a Steelcase
Leap® Leather Office Chair or shop for your entire home, AllModern has all of your design needs covered.
About the Manufacturer
Steelcase began in 1912 as The Metal Office Furniture Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. They received their first patent in 1914 for a steel wastebasket -- a major innovation at a time when straw wastebaskets were a major office fire hazard. That led to metal desks, and they've led the way with product and service innovations ever since. Today, their portfolio of solutions address the three core elements of an office environment: interior architecture, furniture and technology.
Steelcase was founded by people with a strong commitment to integrity and doing the right thing for their customers, employees, business partners, associates and neighbors. Their principles became the foundation of their company, passed on from decade to decade. "Living our core values is essential to our identity, reputation and success today, just as it was in the past."