Leap® Fabric Stool
Its back moves as your back moves. Its arms move as your arms move. Its seat moves as your seat moves. It's the first chair that actually changes shape to mimic and support the movement of your spine. As a result of 11 studies with over 700 participants conducted across 4 universities amongst 27 scientists, the Leap chair is backed by four years of research and embodies the ergonomic discoveries made by Steelcase Design Studio and IDEO. Because of an exceptional range of adjustments, Leap is perfect for anyone and thanks to its advanced technology and extraordinary comfort, the Leap® chair is a proven technology… a healthier way to sit.
- Refined iconic design
- Amazing ergonomic comfort
- Fabric seat and inner back
- Black plastic outer back, frame and base
- Thermal Comfort design offers excellent ''breathability''
- Patented ''live back'' technology supports entire spine
- Natural Glide System allows reclining without disrupting work
- Upper Back Force control customizes level of ''push back'' when reclining
- Variable back stop with five recline angle positions
- Flexible seat edge relieves pressure on back of legs
- Lower back firmness control
- Fully adjustable arms with pivot and soft caps for comfort
- Adjustable seat D
- Pneumatic adjustable seat height
- Soft, dual-wheel casters are available for use on hard wood floors or chair mats
- Ships fully assembled
- Winner of numerous awards including NeoCon's Most Innovative Design Award and the Wall Street Journal's Best Overall Desk Chair
- Has been tested for up to 300 lbs
- Ergonomic Functions: A.) Live Back®The Leap chair's back changes shape to support the entire spine. This can reduce the chance of lower back sag and a hunched posture, which may weaken disc walls, stress back ligaments and cause deterioration of the spine. B.) Thermal Comfort Thanks to slats in both its back and seat, and the special foam it uses, the Leap chair offers excellent ''breathability''. It effectively controls a balance of heat and moisture so you stay comfortable. C.) Adjustable Seat - People don't fit neatly into average body sizes. Leg and torso lengths can vary independent of a person's overall height. Adjustable seat accommodates different body shapes for long-term comfort. D.) Lower Back Firmness Lower back firmness control enables you to set a constant amount of firmness to help maintain your lower spine's natural curve. E.) Height, D, W, and Pivot Arms Arms telescope in and out, move forward and back, pivot and adjust up and down so you can find a natural position that comfortably supports the wrists, forearms, shoulders and neck. F.) Natural Glide System™ As you recline, the seat glides forward so you can recline without leaving your Vision and Reach Zone, so you stay oriented to your work. This encourages more varied postures so there's less static load on the spine. G.) Flexible Seat Edge When you recline or lean forward, the seat edge flexes to relieve pressure on the back of the legs. H.) Upper Back Force Upper back force control enables you to set the amount of ''push back'' that you desire as you recline, regardless of body size. So you'll receive just the right amount of recline support.
- Leap is made from powder-coated steel, glass reinforced nylon, polypropylene, and 100% polyester fabric
- Plastic and painted parts: clean often using household cleaner (Fantastik® or 409®) and wipe with a soft, dry cloth
- Fabric: Use a vacuum cleaner for regular cleaning
- Do not steam clean
- Most stains can be removed by applying a mild soap to a slightly damp cloth, then rubbing it gently over the stain. Wipe dry
- The Leap chair is up to 98% recyclable by weight, depending on the options selected, and made of up to 30% recycled content
- Leap manufacturing uses powder-coated paints, water-based adhesives and VOC-free manufacturing processes
- The cushioning in the back upholstery is made from 50% post-consumer PET (for example, recycled plastic soda and water bottles) and is 100% recyclable
- To reduce packaging waste, the Leap chair is blanket wrapped (not boxed) for domestic shipment. And throughout the manufacturing process, our suppliers use reusable parts containers to further reduce waste
- Through implementing leaner manufacturing processes, we were able to reduce the amount of manufacturing space used to produce Leap by 74%, resulting in a significant reduction in the amount of energy used in production
- Leap is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified.
- Please Note: Use of standard carpet casters on hard surfaces, including floor mats, will affect chair stability and may result in personal injury. Ergonomic Functions Care Instructions. Environmental Information
- Overall Product Weight: 63lbs
Steelcase Leap® Fabric Stool
Weights & Dimensions
- 2.5'' hard, dual-wheel, standard carpet casters roll smoothly on carpets
- Overall Height: 40.5 - 48.5''
- Seat Height from Floor: 22 - 30''
- Functional Seat D: 15.75 - 18.75''
- Back Height from Seat: 25''
- Overall Product Weight: 63lbs
|Product Type: Drafting chairs||Style: Contemporary|
|Base Material: Metal||Exterior Seat Material: Fabric|
|Back Height: Mid-back||Adjustable Height: Yes|
|Ergonomic: Yes||Lumbar Support: Yes|
|Casters: Yes||Heated Seat: No|
|Heated Back: No||Weight Capacity: 300|
|Eco-Friendly: Yes||Country of Manufacture: United States|
Questions & Answers (1)
“Hello, what is the weight capacity of this item?”
asked by Johnie
"Hi Johnie, this item can hold up to 300 lbs."
Lauren from Wayfair
Still have questions about this product?
We're here to help
The Leap® Fabric Stool is a Contemporary style product. Contemporary style bridges the gap between traditional and modern. Pieces feature simple and clean lines with smooth surfaces without any carving or adornment. You can shop for more Contemporary Office Chairs in the Office section of our site.
Steelcase Leap® Fabric Stool
When you buy a Steelcase
Leap® Fabric Stool online from AllModern, we make it as easy as possible for
you to find out when your product will be delivered.
You can check on a delivery estimate for the Steelcase Part
#: LEAP STOOL FABRIC
If you have any questions about your purchase or any
other Office Chairs product for sale our customer service representatives are
available to help.Whether you just want to buy a Steelcase
Leap® Fabric Stool or shop for your entire home, AllModern has all of your design needs covered.
About the Manufacturer
Steelcase began in 1912 as The Metal Office Furniture Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. They received their first patent in 1914 for a steel wastebasket -- a major innovation at a time when straw wastebaskets were a major office fire hazard. That led to metal desks, and they've led the way with product and service innovations ever since. Today, their portfolio of solutions address the three core elements of an office environment: interior architecture, furniture and technology.
Steelcase was founded by people with a strong commitment to integrity and doing the right thing for their customers, employees, business partners, associates and neighbors. Their principles became the foundation of their company, passed on from decade to decade. "Living our core values is essential to our identity, reputation and success today, just as it was in the past."