Amia™ is chair with secret. Beneath Amia chair's upholstery, inside its sleek backrest, there's form of unique comfort system called LiveLumbar™ technology. You may not see it, but you'll certainly feel it. As you sit in chair, an adjustable LiveLumbar™ zone flexes with your every move, for consistent ergonomic support for your lower back. Hour after hour, day after day. With additional comfort features like 4-way adjustable arms, adjustable seat depth and flexible front seat edge, Amia keeps you feeling good 24/7. It's chair for every day, that's not your everyday chair.
The Amia™ chair was designed by Steelcase Design Studio in collaboration with industrial designer, Thomas Overthun of IDEO. very similar collaboration between Steelcase and IDEO resulted in best selling Leap® chair in 1999 and Leap WorkLounge in 2001. Amia chair's shared origin with these products includes ergonomic principles of Alive Seating™ technology, which first appeared in Leap chair. Alive™ Seating technology supports natural movement of body, and led to Amia chair's LiveLumbar™ feature.
- Amazing ergonomic comfort: Awarded Gold Best of NeoCon 2007 in ergonomic category
- Fabric seat and inner back
- Synchro-Tilt system allows back movement while feet remain flat on floor
- Patented livelumbar™ system supports lower back
- Pneumatic seat height adjusts within 5" range
- Adjustable seat depth with 3" range
- Passive seat edge angle relieves pressure on back of legs
- Upper back force control customizes level of "push back" when reclining
- Upright back lock controls range of "push back" when reclining
- Tested to support individuals up to 300 lbs
- LiveLumbar™ System: Allows user to experience continuous back surface support. Offers dialed in spring force in lumbar region actively supports lower back and can be adjusted to match user's anatomy
- Synchro-Tilt System: chair back and seat are synchronized to move in 2:1 ratio. As user leans back, seat rises only half as much, allowing user's feet to remain flat on floor
- Adjustable seat depth: People don't fit neatly into average body sizes. Leg and torso lengths can vary independent of person's overall height. Adjustable seat depth accommodates different body shapes for long-term comfort
- Height, width, depth, and pivot arms: Arms telescope in and out, move forward and back, pivot and adjust up and down so you can find natural position comfortably supports wrists, forearms, shoulders and neck
- Passive seat edge: When you recline or lean forward, seat edge flexes to relieve pressure on back of legs
- Back tension controls: Allows user to set amount of "push back" desired when reclining, regardless of body size
- Seat width: 19.38"
- Functional seat depth: 15.5" - 18.5"
- Back width: 18.88"
- Seat height from floor: 16" - 21"
- Back height from seat: 25"
- Width between arms: 13" - 19.5"W
- Seat pan angle: -3°- +3°
- Overall dimensions: 37.25"- 42.5" H x 26.63" W x 21.75" - 24.75" D
- Amia™ is made from steel, glass reinforced nylon, polypropylene, and 100% polyester fabric
- Plastic and painted parts: clean often using household cleaner (Fantastik® or 409®) and wipe with soft, dry cloth
- Fabric: Use vacuum cleaner for regular cleaning
- Do not steam clean
- Most stains can be removed by applying mild soap to slightly damp cloth, then rubbing it gently over stain. Wipe dry
- All materials in Amia chair were required to pass materials chemistry analysis by MBDC, which tests each substance for safety to human and environmental health
- 98% Recyclable by weight and use of inseparable mixed materials was avoided to make recycling easier
- Amia earned Gold Cradle to Cradle™ Product Certification from MBDC for using environmentally safe and renewable materials
- Amia has Indoor Advantage™ Gold certification for protecting indoor air quality
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.