About the DesignerTord Boontje
Netherlands (1968 - )
Born in the Netherlands in 1968, Tord Boontje studied design at the Royal College of Art in London. Through his work, Boontje explores the juxtapositions of old and new, naturalizism and technology. He lived and worked in London until 1995 and currently lives in France, where he continues to work on his designs in his own studio which he founded in 2006. Boontje was nominated for designer of the year by Elle Decoration UK, and the Garland Light he designed for Artecnica won the awards for best light and readers choice for Future Classic.
Nature sneaks into the house thanks to this rug made with small, hand woven felt flowers. A rural oasis where you can dream and take a break from the urban hustle and bustle, from the cold pavement and stress of the city. A garden of unique delights that marks its own seasons according to the color chosen: purples, reds, greens or ecru. A piece that has won multiple design awards, that is not indifferent and invites you to play in its smooth, gentle leaves. It is another sign of the three-dimensional possibilities of rugs, with a large dose of subtlety, taste for the exquisite and refinement.
- Technique: Loomed
- Dry cleaning
- Vacuuming is recommended at least once a week
- Do not allow stains to dry-in and apply a suitable stain-removing solution
- Do not have the carpets dry-cleaned too often
- In the event that dry-cleaning becomes necessary, make sure that it is done by a specialized dry-cleaner
- Construction: Handmade
- Collection: Little field of flowers
- Material: Dyed felt 100% Wool