About the Designer
NEL is an experimentation platform consisting of a group of Mexican designers. The group, founded in 2004, is a space for creating and exhibiting conceptual and experimental design. The organic nature of the group allows various collaborative efforts and teams to be created, producing a variety of projects that range from political commentaries to discussing aesthetics and imaginary stories.
Rugs have traditionally been tools to convey messages from every culture, artistic and practical means for civilizations to express themselves. This collection acts as a platform for communication, embodying its own clear message from our times. The Mexican Nel Collective discovered the possibility of realizing a non-conventional project to spread a direct message, an invitation to reflect about the current world and its state of emergency. The name of these ecological rugs says it all: global warming, represented in the solitude of one small polar bear in three dimensions, unprotected and adrift on a block of ice, in the middle of an immense sea. It is an offering of hope, the hope for a better future, a world that is possible.
- Technique: Tufted
- Material: 100% New Zealand Wool
- Vacuuming is recommended at least once a week
- Do not allow stains to dry-in and apply a suitable stain-removing solution
- Do not have the carpets dry-cleaned too often
- In the event that dry-cleaning becomes necessary, make sure that it is done by a specialized dry-cleaner
- Construction: Handmade
- Collection: Global warming