About the DesignerNeil Cohen
Humor, playfulness and serendipity may on first impression seem incompatible with the serious business of designing products for Nambé. Meet Neil Cohen, who creates some of Nambé's most popular and wondrously beautiful designs in metal, crystal and lighting, and has a ton of fun in the process. Cohen's forward reaching vision and refined sense of shape; material and workmanship characterize his concepts. His work supplies the kind of spark that engages the human spirit. We have said that Nambé designs are "works of art you can use every day." With their combination of humor and discovery, Cohen's strong, concise designs are just that: meaningful experiences in themselves, apart from their functionality. Holder of two degrees from Rhode Island School of Design, Cohen has lectured at his alma mater, as well as at Pratt and Parsons School of Design. His work has been recognized for its innovation by the Steelcase / Interiors Design Partnership, featured in The New York Times and New York Magazine and chosen for the AIGA's Objects of Design Award. The Japan Arts Council has exhibited his designs. The prestigious 30 Under 30 exhibition in New York has showcased his work among 30 young designers who are shaping the future.
Cheese Block with Knife and Spreader is made of acacia wood, a dense, durable hardwood that glows with warmth and enthralls with finely patterned grain of varying shades. Designer Neil Cohen places a knife and spreader on opposite sides of this beautiful circular platform. Knife and spreader of stainless steel hold in place magnetically. Naturally resinous, acacia wood will not absorb stains or odors, and the bowls can be hand washed with warm soapy water.
Neil Cohen, 2009
Wood Care and Use:
- Material: Stainless-steel
- Natural resinous acacia, will not absorb stains or odors
- Knife dimensions: 7.5" H x 1.5" W
- Block diameter: 15"
Stainless Steel Care and Use:
- Do not place items made with wood in the dishwasher
- Do not leave wood in standing water for extended periods of time
- Nourish wood surfaces with mineral oil applied with a #0000 grade super fine steel wool or a soft cloth; let stand for one hour, wash away excess with a mild detergent and soft cloth, then dry immediately with a soft cloth
- Wash your flatware as soon as possible after each use
- Do not leave flatware in standing water for extended periods of time
- Avoid acidic detergents, such as lemon or other citrus dishwashing soaps, as long-term use of these products can dull your flatware's finish
- Keep your flatware away from open flame or sources of extreme heat
- Remove discoloration using a paste of baking soda and water
- Nambé Polish or a stainless steel polish may also be used to polish Nambé flatware
- Use care when using flatware and serving utensils together with Nambé Alloy serving pieces; they can scratch the surfaces
- Do not store your flatware in plastic bags or other wrappings that trap moisture; for safe storage, remove from original packaging and wrap pieces individually in a soft cloth
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.