Monroe Salt and Pepper Shakers
This exquisite little salt and pepper set speaks volumes about a life well-lived, surrounded by deeply pleasing, well-made objects. The way the salt shaker nestles into the pepper grinder - and the satisfying balance of warm natural wood with polished Nambe alloy - make this set a splendid example of functional beauty. A certain cool balance make both the salt shaker and pepper grinder highly gratifying to hold, use and pass, too, with shapes that fit the fingers just so. Designed by: Neil Cohen, 2011.
- Material: Nambé Alloy and acacia wood
- They are highly gratifying to hold, use and pass
- Alloy Care and Use: Use wooden or soft rubber utensils to avoid scratches
- Alloy Care and Use: Remove dust and fingerprints with a soft, damp cloth
- Alloy Care and Use: Use care when placing heavier Nambé pieces on glass surfaces
- Alloy Care and Use: Never put Nambé Alloy pieces in the microwave
- Alloy Care and Use: Do not put Nambé Alloy in the dishwasher or leave in standing water for long periods of time
- Alloy Care and Use: For Candleholders: To remove wax from candleholders, place them in the freezer until chilled and remove wax; wash with a soft cloth in hot soap and water to remove any wax that remains and dry with a soft cloth
- Alloy Care and Use: For Peppermills: To clean your mill, wipe its body with a soft, damp cloth; do not immerse it in water; and always allow your mill to dry completely after cleaning and before filling
- Wood Care and Use: Do not place items made with wood in the dishwasher
- Wood Care and Use: Do not leave wood in standing water for extended periods of time
- Wood Care and Use: Nourish wood surfaces with mineral oil applied with a #0000 grade super fine steel wool or a soft cloth; let stand for one hour, wash away excess with a mild detergent and soft cloth, then dry immediately with a soft cloth
- Alloy Care and Use: Light coating of vegetable oil applied to preheated or chilled Nambé Alloy for each use will provide a protective barrier for highly acidic foods and help protect the finish
- Alloy Care and Use: Do not leave food in your Nambé Alloy for longer than three hours; food left for long periods will result in discoloration
- Alloy Care and Use: Citrus fruits, peeled or unpeeled, can cause discoloration; highly acidic or salty foods, such as dairy, mayonnaise, tomatoes, other fruits, and vinegars, can cause discoloration and/or pitting
- Overall: Salt: 7.25" H x 2.75" W
- Overall: Pepper: 8.25" H x 3.5" W
Nambe Monroe Salt and Pepper Shakers
Weights & Dimensions
- Overall: Salt:
7.25" H x 2.75" W
- Overall: Pepper:
8.25" H x 3.5" W
|Item: Salt And Pepper Sets||Material: Wood|
|Color: Brown||Size: 7" - 9"|
|Style: Contemporary||Country of Manufacture: Imported|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
Still have questions about this product?
We're here to help
The Monroe Salt and Pepper Shakers is a Contemporary style product. Contemporary style bridges the gap between traditional and modern. Pieces feature simple and clean lines with smooth surfaces without any carving or adornment. You can shop for more Contemporary Salt And Pepper Shakers / Mills in the Dining section of our site.
Nambe Monroe Salt and Pepper Shakers
When you buy a Nambe
Monroe Salt and Pepper Shakers online from AllModern, we make it as easy as possible for
you to find out when your product will be delivered.
You can check on a delivery estimate for the Nambe Part
If you have any questions about your purchase or any
other Salt And Pepper Shakers / Mills product for sale our customer service representatives are
available to help.Whether you just want to buy a Nambe
Monroe Salt and Pepper Shakers or shop for your entire home, AllModern has all of your design needs covered.
About the Designer
Humor, playfulness and serendipity may on first impression seem incompatible with the serious business of designing products for Nambé. Meet Neil Cohen, who creates some of Nambé's most popular and wondrously beautiful designs in metal, crystal and lighting, and has a ton of fun in the process. Cohen's forward reaching vision and refined sense of shape; material and workmanship characterize his concepts. His work supplies the kind of spark that engages the human spirit. We have said that Nambé designs are "works of art you can use every day." With their combination of humor and discovery, Cohen's strong, concise designs are just that: meaningful experiences in themselves, apart from their functionality. Holder of two degrees from Rhode Island School of Design, Cohen has lectured at his alma mater, as well as at Pratt and Parsons School of Design. His work has been recognized for its innovation by the Steelcase / Interiors Design Partnership, featured in The New York Times and New York Magazine and chosen for the AIGA's Objects of Design Award. The Japan Arts Council has exhibited his designs. The prestigious 30 Under 30 exhibition in New York has showcased his work among 30 young designers who are shaping the future.
About the Manufacturer
In the early 1950s, during Modernism's mid-century design movement, Nambe’s first timeless pieces were handcrafted in a small village north of Santa Fe called Nambe.
It was then that Nambe's passion for exceptional design had begun. Their inspiration: the discovery of the proprietary alloy. Over the years, this vested passion has become their philosophy. Every piece Nambe crafts must have an undeniable beauty, artistic integrity, uncompromising quality, and function beyond compare. This is how they recognize all things that have come to be known as Nambe.
Today, Nambe transcends trends and generations. They enhance lives through designs that connect emotionally, quality that inspires, and a brand that shares in the lifestyle aspirations of their customer. Nambe's world-class designers specify signature alloy, stainless steel, fine porcelain, and full-lead crystal, always with the intent to honor their core values and remain true to their philosophy.
It is by honoring Nambe's heritage and keeping an eye on the future that they have established a consumer recognition and brand awareness that their competitors can only aspire to.