About the Designers
Italy (1945 - )
Alberto Meda received his master in mechanical engineering at Politecnico of Milan in 1969.
He has worked as a product engineering designer and consultant for: Alfa Romeo Auto, Ansaldo Sistemi Industriali, Alias, Cinelli, Colombo Design, Gaggio, Italtel Telematica, Kartell, Luceplan, Legrand, Mandarina Duck, Omron Japan, Philips, TCI, and Vitra.
Meda was awarded with the "Compasso d'oro" for the Lola Lamp and Metropoli Lamp by Luceplan. In 2005, he was the Hon Royal Designer for Industry RSA London.
Since 1994 MoMA NY includes in its permanent collection: "Light light" chair, "soft light" chair, "Longframe" by Alias and "On-Off" lamp by Luceplan.
Meda works and lives in Milan.
Italy (1940 - )
Riccardo Sarfatti was born in Milan on April 3rd, 1940. He got his degress in architecture at the Politecnico University in Milan in 1965; since 1968 he has been ordinary assistant lecturer at the Chair of Urbanology of the Politecnico University in Milan and since 1971 he has been lecturer in History of Architecture at the Architecture Faculty in Venice and from 1979 to 1985 in Milan.
He is the son of Gina Sarfatti, founder of Arteluce, one of the masters of the Italian lighting design. Besides the university activity, Ricardo Sarfatti has worked at Arteluce from 1964 to 1978.
In 1979 he founded Luceplan together with Paolo Rizzatto and Sandra Severi where he now acts as Managing Director officiating as General Manager.
He is also President of companies connected to Luceplan which operate in the production and distribution fields of different geographic areas.
During these years, Luceplan has imposed itself as one of the most significant companies of Italian design as far as innovation capacity and quality of proposals is concerned, receiving important international acknowledgements; three times it has been awarded the Compasso d'Oro of ADI (1981, 1989, 1994) and in 1994 it obtained the prestigious European Design Prize of the European Community.
Riccardo Sarfatti has written various articles and essats published in qualified reviews and has taken part as speaker in conferences and discussions on design and lighting themes in Italy and abroad.
- Prismatic glass diffuser
- ADA compliant when mounted on wall
- Suitable for damp locations
- UL listed
- Accommodates (1) 100W T-10 (M) base halogen bulb, 1 x 150W A-21 (M) base incandescent bulb, or 1 x 23W electronic (M) base compact flourescent bulb (not included)
- Accommodates (2) 23W electronic (M) base compact flourescent bulbs, or 2 x 60W A-19 (M) base incandescent bulbs (not included)
- Accommodates (2) 26W G24d-3 base compact flourescent bulbs (not included)
- Uses component D38.4 EL for 2 x 26W G24q-3 120-277V bulbs, electronic ballast (not included)
- Overall dimensions: 15" H x 15" W x 4.7" D