About the DesignerRoss Lovegrove
England (1958 - )
Ross Lovegrove was born in Wales in 1958 and graduated at Manchester Polytechnic in 1980 before moving to London, where he studied at the Royal College of Art, obtaining a Master's degree in Design in 1983. In the early 1980s he worked as a designer in Germany for Frog Design and then in Paris as a consultant with Knoll International. Returning to London in 1988, he developed projects for different companies and began his long and fruitful association with the italian furniture industry. His love of materials-based design and conceptual interest in form as an interface between practical function and psycho-social behaviour and use, are well known. As many critics have noted, one of the major reasons for his success as a product and interior designer is his unusual sensitivity to the physicality of objects, and how form relates to the physical gestures of use. As an 'organic minimalist', Lovegrove rejects the notion that form should be imposed on objects: in his view, an object is a form which generates relationship of use as it moves in space. The Design
Recognized for forward-thinking, organically inspired products crafted with innovative materials, Ross Lovegrove designed the Sprite Armless Chair to be stylish and practical, his interpretation of the quintessential side chair. The balance Lovegrove realizes between comfort and style, including his use of exuberant colors and exotic wood veneers, results in a chair of unsurpassed quality. Constructed of a sinuous molded wood shell, which gives the chair its contemporary appearance, Lovegrove has made the Sprite Chair perfect for workplaces, schools, and residences. *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Features at a Glance: Design Year: 2004
Care & Maintenance
- Ross Lovegrove collection
- Generous seat and inherent lumbar support provide long lasting comfort
- Able to stack eight to ten high
- Chrome base
- Molded plywood shell made of six layers of maple and three layers of adhesive
- Base is made up of 5/8" tubular steel with mirror chrome finish
- Four rubber bumpers assure proper stacking.
- Winner of the 2004 Good Design™ Award
- To clean the molded plywood, Knoll recommends using a dry, lint-free cloth. Wash once a year with a mild soap and water solution, rinse with damp cloth, and dry immediately with dry, lint free cloth.
- To clean the chromed finished base, Knoll recommends using Windex or an automotive chrome cleaner such as semi-chrome twice a month. Apply a coat of hard paste wax to protect against moisture.
Order with Confidence:
- Overall: 32" H x 22" W x 22" D
- Seat Height: 17" H
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Sprite Armless Chair that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost. .
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.