About the DesignerJorge Pensi
The designer Jorge Pensi is a leading exponent of Spanish design. Pensi's elegant designs can be described as expressive Minimalist, notable for the balance he has so convincingly achieved between form and function. Born in Buenos Aires in 1949, Jorge Pensi also studied architecture there. In 1975 Jorge Pensi moved to Barcelona and became a Spanish citizen in 1977. That same year, 1977, Jorge Pensi joined other designers to found Grupo Berenguer, a design agency. In 1984, however, Jorge Pensi established a practice of his own in Barcelona, where he specialized in designing both furnishings and lighting. Jorge Pensi is famous for his elegant, meticulously crafted cast aluminium furniture. Among the best known Jorge Pensi designs is the 1988 "Toledo", his take on the ubiquitous Spanish street café chair. In 1989 Jorge Pensi designed "Orfilia" (for Thonet), a chair with a cast aluminium frame and a seat and back of lacquered laminated wood. Jorge Pensi's designs for the Spanish firm B.Lux include the "Regina" and "Bluebird" lamps. Jorge Pensi's designs have been made by a great many big international names in design, including Arruti, B.Lux, Cassina, Disform, Driade, IBM, Knoll International, Kusch+Co, SIDI, and Thonet.
The DesignBarcelona designer Jorge Pensi's wave-of-the-future table sports stainless steel top in two finishes and anodized and polished cast aluminum base with non-scuffing glides. metallic Trespa laminate finish is perfectly suited for outdoor use, and design perfectly complements both Toledo Chairs and Street Stacking Chairs.Features at Glance: *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once products go into production Design Year: 1988
- Feet are black silicone non-scuffing glides
- Internal weight for added stability
- Bistro tables feature five-star base
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Complements Toledo Stacking chairs and Street Stacking chairs
- First Place, Sidi Selection, Valencia, Spain, 1988
- '' Delta Plate'' of ADI FAD, 1988
- Design Center Stuttgart Award, West Germany, 1990
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and healthy environment has prompted company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such ''green'' initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from U.S. Green Building Council.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Pensi Square Cafe Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Order with Confidence:Each authentic Knoll product includes certificate of authenticity. .
- Available in large and small sizes
- Base is constructed from anodized and polished cast aluminum
- Trespa metallic finish is UV resistant, does not reflect heat, is easy to clean and made of recyclable materials
- Jorge Pensi collection
- Suitable for residential or commercial use
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during applicable warranty period set forth in Knoll Warranty.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.