About the DesignerMaya Lin
United States (1959 - )
Frequently cited as a benchmark of modern cross-national design, Maya Lin's work draws influence from Japanese gardens, American Indian earthen mounds, her parents and her architectural design training at Yale University. While studying there as a senior, Lin won a nationwide contest for her controversial design of the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. Her career has been marked by her memorials, public spaces and keen sense of simple, elegant beauty. These elements are gracefully displayed in her work for Knoll, which includes outdoor seating stones, a chaise lounge and side chair. In 2003, Maya Lin won the Finn Juhl award for good design.
While still an undergraduate at Yale University, Maya Lin came to international prominence with her award-winning design for the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial in Washington, D.C. Her Stones Collection, which blurs the boundaries between architecture and art, demonstrates a passion for topography, celestial elements and natural phenomena, and a fondness for elliptical shapes and subtle curves.The Design Maya Lin's first collection of Stones, designed in celebration of Knoll's 60th anniversary, includes this coffee table and both an adult and child sized seat. At the heart of this furniture collection for Knoll is my love for the land, which can be traced back to my childhood in the rolling hills of southeastern Ohio, says Lin. It goes back to a childhood fascination we all have that moment when you discover that the earth is round...and you walk around trying to see that curve. This Stones Coffee Table reflects Maya Lin's fascination with the relationship between human beings and nature through elegant, poignant forms, arcing curves and the use of natural, recycled and living materials. It is available in a range of colors and materials, including cast stone and molded polyethylene, and features a slightly convex top.Read more
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Stones Coffee Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Table top is slightly convex
- White and poppy are new material
- Khaki, Platinum, Silver, and Tarmac are 100% recycled content
- Security kit available
- UV-retardant water sealer coating
- Total wall thickness is 5/8'' of material with polystyrene filler material inside
- Not suitable for high traffic areas
- Optional security kit hooks onto latch on underside of Stone directly into ground for permanent applications
- Due to variations in flooring, kit does not include hardware
- Best of Neocon Silver Award, 1998
- Good Design Award, Chicago Athenaeum, 1998
- Good Design Award, 2006
- Molded Polyethylene (No Weight): 35 lbs
- Cast Stone: 120 lbs
- < Order with Confidence:Each authentic Knoll product includes certificate of authenticity. .
- Cast Stone:'' felt glides for indoor use included
- Construction:All versions are fully finished and enclosed on top, bottom and sides
- Molded Polyethylene:Recycled stones will vary in color from stone to stone; black specs will appear randomly on surface of stones
- Molded Polyethylene:All colors can be used outdoors
- Molded Polyethylene:Integral color with light texture
- Molded Polyethylene:All colors have passed UV testing standards
- Cast Stone:Slight color variances may occur
- Cast Stone:Inside is spray-molded fiberglass reinforced cement with integral color
- Cast Stone:1/8'' polyurethane coated polyester gel surface coat with integral UV-stabilized pigmented color
- Maya Lin collection
- Please Note: This product does not meet Cal 133 specifications.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during applicable warranty period set forth in Knoll Warranty.