About the DesignerGeorge Nakashima
Japanese (1905 - 1990)
George Nakashima, wood craftsman and poet, studied architecture at the University of Washington, Seattle, the Ecole Americaine des Beaux-Arts Fontainebleau in France and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He worked for Antonin Raymond. Nakashima received the gold medal for craftsmanship from the American Institute of Architects and the Hazlett Award. The subject of several one-man exhibitions, Nakashima also authored The Soul of a Tree: A Woodworker's Reflections. The Design
George Nakashima is best known for his unique pieces of furniture, which are prized for their respect for the natural forms of the tree and the inherent grain of the wood. The Splay Leg Table employs two wood types, American Walnut and Hickory typical of Nakashima's Japanese Shaker style. Originally designed for Knoll in the late 1940’s, the Splay-leg Table was reintroduced into the product line.
*This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Features at a Glance: Design Year: 1948
- Table is available with an American Walnut or Hickory top, both with American Walnut edges and legs
- Table tops are veneered with reverse slip-matched cathedral pattern, matching solid wood edge
- Mortise and tenon joints are connected with solid brass hardware
- Includes with nylon glides
- KnollStudio logo and designer’s signature stamped under table top
- Dimensions: 37.75" Width x 34.25" Depth x 17.5" Height
Order with Confidence:
- Table Dimensions: 17.5" H x 37.75" W x 34.25" D
Note: This quality item is custom made for your order. Unfortunately, this means that orders cannot be cancelled or returned once placed, so please call our trained staff with any questions you may have prior to ordering - we will ensure that you get exactly what you need.
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED™ certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The Splay Leg Table is Greenguard certified
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your George Nakashima Splay-Leg Coffee Table with Optional Tray that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost .
- Each authentic Knoll product is stamped with the KnollStudio Logo and designer signature and includes a certificate of authenticity
Shipping Charges Priced in Cart
Ships via Inside Delivery & Assembly
back to top
|George Nakashima Splay-Leg Table
||17.5" H x 37.75" W x 34.25" D
|Application Options:||Indoor, Outdoor, Residential|
|Product Category:||Coffee & Cocktail Tables|
|Style:||Modern / Contemporary|
|Wood Tone:||Light Wood|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top