About the DesignerFrank Gehry
(1930 - )
Born in 1930, he studied architecture at the University of Southern California and studied City Planning at the Graduate School of Design at Harvard. He developed projects of private and public city planning in America, Japan. In Europe, he has recently been awarded the Pritsker Architecture Prize in 1989 and the Wolf Prize in Art in 1992. His projects have been published all over the world. The most important retrospective, "The Architecture of Frank O. Gehry" has been organized by the Walker Art Center in 1986 and has travelled the major American museums. The Design
Inspired by the woven construction of apple crates from his childhood, Frank Gehry used an interwoven maple strip design to form the eye-catching Power Play Armchair and Off Side Ottoman. Combining strength and sturdiness with flexibility and comfort, the Power Play Armchair and Off Side Ottoman boast a truly unique appearance that have earned accolades from the American Society of Interior Designers and Time Magazine alike, among many others. Features at a Glance: Design Year: 1992
- Frank Gehry collection
- Set includes one chair and one ottoman
- Frame constructed of hard white maple veneers in 2" wide, 1/34" thick strips laminated to 6 to 9-ply thickness
- All wood grains run in one direction for higher resilience
- Thermosetting glue provides structural rigidity without the need for metal connectors
- Recessed screws connect seat and arm
- Back of chair and slats flex for added comfort
- Clear plastic glides with matte frost finish
- Cushion comes in .75" thick high resiliency foam
- Ottoman has one pair of legs that can be locked upright or folded underneath
- Each chair comes stamped with the KnollStudio logo, Frank Gehry's signature and the date of production
- ASID Award, 1992
- ROSCOE Award, 1992
- ID Magazine Gold Award, 1992
- ICFE Award for Excellence, 1992
- IBD Award (Silver), 1992
- Time Magazine, Best Design of 1992 Award
- Premium Imperiale Award (Prince Takamatsu World Culture Award), 1992
Order with Confidence:
- Power Play Armchair:
- Overall Dimensions: 32.88" H x 31.38" W x 30.13" D
- Seat Height: 16"
- Arm Height: 23.5"
- Off Side Ottoman:
- Overall Dimensions: 8.13-13.88" H x 23.38" W x 23.38" D
Note: This quality item is custom made for your order. Unfortunately, this means that orders cannot be cancelled or returned once placed, so please call our trained staff with any questions you may have prior to ordering - we will ensure that you get exactly what you need.
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED® certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Power Play Chair and Off Side Ottoman that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity
Shipping Charges Priced in Cart
Ships via Inside Delivery & Assembly
back to top
|Frank Gehry Power Play Arm Chair||32.88" H x 31.38" W x 30.13" D||25 lbs|
|Off Side Ottoman||8.13 - 13.88" H x 23.38" W x 23.38" D||10 lbs|
|Chair Design:||Arm Chairs|
|Features Options:||Ottoman Included, Ready To Assemble|
|Product Category:||Accent Chairs|
We're sorry, we have no FAQs to display.
back to top