About the DesignerFlorence Knoll
United States (1917 - )
Considered a seminal leader of 20th-century design, Florence Knoll grew up among designers.
In partnership with her husband, Hans, she championed the Bauhaus approach to furniture design at Knoll:
to offer objects that reflect design, technological innovation and mass production. Her intellect and keen eye brought Knoll to the
forefront of modern design, thus creating the legacy that continues today. Awards: Florence Knoll was awarded the National Endowment
for the Arts' prestigious 2002 National Medal of Arts As a pioneer of the Knoll Planning Unit, Florence Knoll created what she modestly called the "fill-in pieces that no one else wants to do." Like so many of her ground-breaking designs that became the gold standard for the industry, her signature bench is characterized by the objective perfectionism of the mid 20th century. Designed in the mid-1950s, this two seater bench is the ideal complement to the Florence Knoll Lounge Collection. Crafted with distinct, individually sewn squares on a chrome base, the bench is available in two sizes and features an exposed polished chrome frame. It is perfect for both formal and casual settings, including reception areas, universities, museums and private homes. Upholstery is available in quality leather for a classic look, or in dozens of both bright and neutral fabric options for a more casual space.The Design
As a pioneer of the Knoll Planning Unit, Florence Knoll created what she modestly called the "fill-in pieces that no one else wants to do." Like so many of her ground-breaking designs that became the gold standard for the industry, this Credenza collection, designed in 1961, made its way into the pantheon of modern classics. Florence Knoll"s designs are reserved and cool, severe and angular, reflecting the objective perfectionism of the early 1960s.
Available in four different arrangements, the Knoll Two Position Credenza provides versatile storage space in an elegant style. The base is offered in polished or satin chrome, the body with four choices of real wood veneer and the top in matching wood veneer or five marble colors. Using classic materials constrained by a modern form, Florence Knoll has created a credenza that is suitable for an office, lobby, home office, or any modern living space. Features at a Glance: *This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production Design Year: 1961 Features:
- Four box drawers (each with one removable partition)
- One full-extension file drawer
- File drawer includes two metal bars for hanging files
Drawer fronts in same wood veneer as body
Polished aluminum pulls
Pull out drawers have smooth-glide extension slides
Drawers have matching veneer inside
- Wood veneer options include natural or ebonized oak, pearwood, medium brown or medium red mahogany
- Wood body and tops finished with transparent polyurethane coat
- Welded square steel tube base
- Adjustable glides are included
- Body offered with wood veneer sides and matching back panel
- Top offered in 0.75" thick wood (matching base) or marble
- Marble top is coated with transparent polyester to help eliminate use-associated stains
- Please note: Marble tops with polyester coating will yellow over time
- Tops feature squared edge detail
- Florence Knoll was awarded the National Endowment for the Arts" prestigious 2002 National Medal of Arts
Order with Confidence:
- Overall dimensions: 25.5" H x 37.5" W x 18" D
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll"s environmental focus. Knoll"s commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council
- The Florence Knoll Credenza is Greenguard certified
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Florence Knoll Credenza that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
This product does not meet Cal 133 specifications.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.