About the DesignerFrank Gehry
(1930 - )
Born in 1930, he studied architecture at the University of Southern California and studied City Planning at the Graduate School of Design at Harvard. He developed projects of private and public city planning in America, Japan. In Europe, he has recently been awarded the Pritsker Architecture Prize in 1989 and the Wolf Prize in Art in 1992. His projects have been published all over the world. The most important retrospective, "The Architecture of Frank O. Gehry" has been organized by the Walker Art Center in 1986 and has travelled the major American museums. The Design
Inspired by the woven construction of apple crates from his childhood, Frank Gehry used an interwoven maple strip design to form the eye-catching base of the 36" Face Off Cafe Table. To finish the table's overall appearance, an elegant round top is available in either clear glass or white laminate. The Face Off Table can either take center stage on its own or create a striking effect when paired with Gehry Side and Dining Chairs.
Features at a Glance:
*This product is made to order and thus customer orders cannot be canceled once the products go into production
Design Year: 1992
Order with Confidence:
- Base constructed of hard white maple veneers in 2" wide, 1/34" thick strips
- All wood grains run in the same direction for resilience
- Laminated to 7-ply thickness with high bonding urea glue
- State-of-the-art glue provides structural rigidity without need for metal connectors
- Solid maple center column prevents cracking
- Arched base design provides ample leg room
- Clear plastic glides with a matte frost finish
- Top available in 1/2" thick tempered glass with polished edge or 5/8" thick white textured laminate with clear solid edgeband
- Underside embossed with Frank Gehry's signature and the Knoll logo
- Shipping Note: Tables with clear glass top option are available for shipment within twenty working days. This offer subject to availability.
- Sustainability Statement: Sustainable design is a key component of Knoll's environmental focus. Knoll's commitment to social responsibility and a healthy environment has prompted the company to further articulate its longstanding environmental programs and, with encouragement and support from colleagues in the industry, Knoll has re-energized its focus on such "green" initiatives as life cycle analysis and LEED®
certification. Knoll is proud to have contributed to projects that have received LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Knoll products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable warranty period set forth in the Knoll Warranty.
- Should you discover shortly after receiving your Face Off Cafe Table that parts are either damaged or missing, please call us immediately, and we will be happy to send you replacement parts as soon as possible and at no additional cost.
- Each authentic Knoll product includes a certificate of authenticity.
We're sorry, we have no additional specifications for this product.